?

No account? Create an account

[icon] I think I'll go home and mull this over - Throw yuh hands in the a-yuh if yous a true pla-yuh
View:Recent Entries.
View:Archive.
View:Friends.
View:Profile.

Current Music:Caring is Creepy - The Shins
Security:
Subject:I think I'll go home and mull this over
Time:02:12 pm
Current Mood:blahblah

General

Name: Adam
Your areas of interest: Photography, writing, reading, music, psychology, fantasy, biking.

Film

Favorite movies (3+): Garden State, Hedwig and the Angry Inch, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, Lord of the Rings, The Manchurian Candidate. There are more, but those are the top.
Best directed movie: Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind.
Best acting performance: Denzel Washington in anything.
Favorite actor/actress (3+): Denzel Washington, Zach Braff, Christopher Walken, Viggo Mortensen, Jason Lee.
Best soundtrack: Garden State.
Best movie based on a book: Lord of the Rings.
Little known fact pertaining to film: When Mel Gibson went out for his first big movie part, the casting director was looking for someone haggard and scraggly. Mel wouldn't have gotten the part if had hadn't just gotten mugged before the audition.

Music

Favorite bands (3+): Red Hot Chili Peppers, The Vines, The Flaming Lips, Cake, Linkin Park, Blind Melon, Nightwish, Blind Guardian, The Offspring, Rhapsody, The Shins, Green Day, The Dresden Dolls, Dimmu Borgir, Type O Negative, AC/DC, Fiery Furnaces, the Beatles, Weezer, Mogwai, They Might Be Giants, Auf der Maur, Jet, Andrew W.K., Weird Al, Queen.
Best pop band/album: Revolver by the Beatles.
Best rap group/album: The Marshall Mathers LP by Eminem.
Best metal band/album: Either Back in Black or High Voltage by AC/DC.
Best hard/grind/noise/mathcore band/album: Mogwai.
Best indie band/album: Auf der Maur (self-title album)
Best classic rock band/album: Queen? That's the closest I know to classic rock.
Little known fact pertaining to music: The song "Sweet Child of Mine" by Guns 'n Roses was accidental. Slash was fooling around and played a riff, which eventually became the underlying theme to the song.

Books

Favorite books (3+): The Highwayman, Kaffir Boy, Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, the Discworld series, the Callahan series, The Lord of the Rings Trilogy.
Best non fiction author/book: J.R.R. Tolkien. That man was a genius.
Best fiction author/book: Kaffir Boy by Mark Mathabane.
Best historical non fiction book: The Crucible.
Best sci-fi book: The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, by Douglas Adams.
Best instructional book: Haven't read any.
Little know fact pertaining to books: There is a real bar called "alt. Callahan's" which is based off of the fictional bar in the sci-fi series "Callahan's Bar."

Politics

Party you align yourself with most: Democrat I suppose.
How do you feel about abortion: Completely for it. No one should tell you what you can and can't do with your own body. And then you look at the big pro-life groups, which are all religious. I'm sorry, but if the best argument you got is "don't do it because the babies, who can't move, think, or speak, are going to be sent to a place that has not been proven to exist to suffer for eternity" then you've got to re-examine yourself.
Gay marriages: For it. Again, it has to do with civil rights. Why is the president against it? Because it gives him and his Texas buddies the willies whenever they think about it? Things like this make me lose faith in the human race.
Rascism: Why does it still exist? I thought we were past this. Anyway, in my view, I don't see how some people can be so anti-somebody. The KKK for instance, one of the main reasons they exist is because people have one-track minds and can't see things any other way. It's just hard for me to believe stuff like that since the human race has come so far, and yet things like racism still exist.
Our "war on terrorism": Greatly inflated. It's used as a tool for the government to do what they want. Like scare tactics.
War in general: Usually against it. Most of the time, there are alternate routes, but there are cases, such as World War II, where there is no other option. The current war, however, is unneccessary.

3 Pictures of yourself:

Yeah, I always look like that.
comments: Leave a comment Previous Entry Share Next Entry

born_to_hula
Link:(Link)
Time:2004-11-28 08:41 pm (UTC)
alot of politicians were quite happy to let Germany do what they wanted for some time in WWII though...but if i go into that im going to sound like a history geek.

i didn't like your films...books and music were alright.

um. yes. we need people and you're pretty sound :)

(Reply) (Thread)

insidewalkinout
Link:(Link)
Time:2004-11-28 08:47 pm (UTC)
Sounds good. Thank you.
(Reply) (Parent) (Thread)

[icon] I think I'll go home and mull this over - Throw yuh hands in the a-yuh if yous a true pla-yuh
View:Recent Entries.
View:Archive.
View:Friends.
View:Profile.