View:Archive.
View:Friends.
View:Profile.

Security:
Subject:New? Yes.
Time:09:02 pm

General

Name:Rachel
Your areas of interest:Photography, French, Art History, History, Politics/Government and music. Oh, and you baby ;).

Film

Favorite movies (3+): Hedwig and The Angry Inch, Pulp Fiction, Kill Bill (Vol 1&2), Donnie Darco, Being John Malcovich, Sliding Doors, Adaption, Crazy in Alabama, Mars Attacks, I know I'm missing a TON more.
Best directed movie: Oh man. The Royal Tenenbaums.
Best acting performance: Tom Hanks. Everything.
Favorite actor/actress (3+): Christopher Walken, Tom Hanks, Samuel L. Jackson, Gweneth Paltrow (Sliding Doors)
Best soundtrack: Hedwig and the Angry Inch
Best movie based on a book:The Green Mile. Certainly not the best book or movie but most definitly the best adaption of a book to film.
Little known fact pertaining to film: When The Lion King was released there was a stir in Japan. The film was very similar to the well known anime series 'Kimba the White Lion'. First there is the obvious similarity in names (Simba and Kimba). Also, both had a baboon as a shaman. But the similarities don't end there, both had an evil uncle - 'Scar' in the movie and 'Claw' in the series - as well as henchman hyenas. Plus a pose by a king on a rock. The possible lawsuit was dropped, because Osamu Tezuka's (the producer's) widow said that he would have been flattered that Disney was inspired by the series.

Music

Favorite bands (3+): badly drawn boy, brainiac, damien rice, devendra banhart, elliott smith, explosions in the sky, godspeed you! black emperor, iron & wine, mercury rev, mogwai, neutral milk hotel, pedro the lion, pink floyd, portishead, r.e.m., radiohead, ron sexsmith, simian, sondre lerche, sufjan stevens, the beatles, the doors, the flaming lips, the grateful dead, the pixies, the rolling stones, the shins, the smiths, the streets, the can, the unicorns, the verve, the violent femmes, the white stripes, thievery corporation, tori amos, turin brakes, velvet underground, Yo La Tengo and wilco.
Best pop band/album: The Beatles - Revolver
Best rap group/album: The Streets - A Grand Don't come for Free
Best metal band/album: The Troggs - From Nowhere
Best hard/grind/noise/mathcore band/album: Radiohead - OK Computer
Best indie band/album: Two Way Monologue - Sondre Lerche (Indie Folk, I know - and not a band - but still awesome)
Best classic rock band/album: The Can - Tago Mago
Little known fact pertaining to music: There's more than what's played on the radio

Books

Favorite books (3+): Europa! Europa!, Holes, Black Like Me, 201 French Verbs, To Kill a Mocking Bird, Of Mice and Men, Lord of The Flies, Catcher in the Rye, Invisible Man, The Great Gatsby
Best non fiction author/book: Europa! Europa!
Best fiction author/book: To Kill A Mocking Bird
Best historical non fiction book: General Grant’s Memoirs (believe it or not this isn’t boring.)
Best sci-fi book: Animorphs Series - HELLS YEAH!
Best instructional book: I usually learn from experience and other people.
Little know fact pertaining to books: The guy who killed John Lennon had “Catcher in the Rye” in his back pocket when he shot him.

Politics

Party you align yourself with most: No party affiliation. Political Parties = Doom
How do you feel about abortion: On one hand I don’t want any babies dying, and on the other hand I don’t feel the government should be able to tell a woman what to do with her body. More so, I feel that if the government does try to tell a woman what to do with her body (via abortion laws) that back-street abortions will return. We need to remember that making something illegal doesn’t make it cease to exist.
Gay marriages: I’m all for equality of all people regardless of sexual preference.
Racism: Racism is so ridiculously dumb.
Our "war on terrorism": You can’t fight free will. Being a terrorist has nothing to do with your religion or how much oil your country has.
War in general: Of course war sucks, but at times it’s necessary. The American Revolution, for example.

3 Pictures of yourself:

comments: Leave a comment Previous Entry Share Next Entry

vampire_sushi
Subject:Good god, no.
Link:(Link)
Time:2004-11-23 02:26 am (UTC)
not really. i just wanted to scare you when you read the heading on your email.

fuck yes. an enthusiastic fuck yes.
(Reply) (Thread)

besointu
Subject:Re: Good god, no.
Time:2004-11-23 02:30 am (UTC)
Hahaha, awesome.
(Reply) (Parent) (Thread)

born_to_hula
Time:2004-11-23 12:59 pm (UTC)
its a person! you seem all lovely too.

although is the great gatsby really all that good? read an extract in american studies the other day..wasn't impressed.

(Reply) (Thread)

besointu
Time:2004-11-23 05:06 pm (UTC)
Haha, yeah - the writing itself isn't that great - but it's the overall concept of the book that really impressed me.
(Reply) (Parent) (Thread)

[icon] New? Yes. - Throw yuh hands in the a-yuh if yous a true pla-yuh
View:Recent Entries.
View:Archive.
View:Friends.
View:Profile.