?

No account? Create an account

23 June 2005 @ 11:00 pm
Inspirational Quotes...  
Because I can! :)

- “Removing the incurable cancer called hatred
Reveals one's undying, undiminishing radiance.

The destruction of hatred, that sorrow of sorrows,
Yields to man the joy of joys.” -Tirukkural 86: 853-54

- “We are responsible for what we are, and whatever we wish ourselves to be, we have the power to make ourselves. If what we are now has been the result of our own past actions, it certainly follows that whatever we wish to be in the future can be produced by our present actions; so we have to know how to act.” -Swami Vivekananda

-“Do not let your adornment be merely outward-arranging the hair, wearing gold, or putting on fine apparel-rather let it be the hidden person of the heart, with the incorruptible beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is very precious in the sight of God. “- 1 Peter 3:3-4

-"If you want peace do not look for faults in others, see your own faults."- Ma Sharadamani

-“It is not how much we do,
but how much love we put in the doing.
It is not how much we give,
but how much love we put in the giving.”- Mother Theresa

-“And forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair.”- Kahlil Gibran

-“Even while striving to improve yourself, learn to stand alone, secure in your own virtues and self-worth. If you want others to believe in you, remember, it isn’t only your words that have an effect, but what you are and what you feel within—what is in your soul. Always strive to be an angel within, no matter how others behave. Be sincere, kind, loving, and understanding.”- Paramahansa Yogananda

- "All we see or seem is but a dream within a dream" ~ Edgar Allan Poe

-“None of us has the power to make someone love us. But we all have the power to give away love, to love other people. And if we do so, we change the kind of people we are and we change the kind of world we live in.”- Rabbi Harold Kushner

- “Smile if you want a smile from another face”- The Dalai Lama

- “The conclusion is always the same: love is the most powerful and still the most unknown energy of the world.”- Pierre Teilhard De Chardin

-“Practice random acts of kindness and senseless acts of beauty”- Anne Herbert

-“ i thank God for the most amazing day: for the leaping greenly spirits of trees and a blue true dream sky; and for everything which is natural, which is infinite, which is yes.”- EE Cummings

-“Let us give up our whole body and mind and everything as an eternal sacrifice unto the Lord and be at peace, perfect peace with ourselves. Instead of pouring oblations into the fire, as in a sacrifice, perform this one great sacrifice day and night—the sacrifice of your little self. ‘I searched for wealth in this world; Thou art the only wealth I have found; I sacrifice myself unto Thee. I searched for someone to love; Thou art the only beloved I have found; I sacrifice myself unto Thee.’”- Swami Vivekananda

-“ He whose every action is done for My sake, to whom I am the final goal, who loves Me only and hates no one—O my dearest Son! Only he can realize Me.”- Bhagavad-Gita XI: 55

-“O Lord—be benevolent to us. Drive the darkness away. Shed upon us the light of wisdom. Take the jealousy, envy, greed, and anger from us, and fill our hearts with love and peace.”- Ravi Shankar

-“I'd never thought about, couldn't even say the word 'God'. It embarrassed me, but you know it was so strange, GOD, and it washed away all these fears and doubts and little things that hang you up. That is why I said ‘God. My sweet Lord, I really want to see you, I really want to know you. Why should I be paranoid all my life? Wash away my fears.’ Since then it has been a matter of trying to hold on to that little shining light which one's lucky to have glimpsed, and manifest the light more and more and more until you become that. And it's hard. Sometimes you just want to yell about God because it's right there, but the moment you try and explain it, it's like rabbiting.”- George Harrison

-“Some people indulge in quarrels, saying, 'One cannot attain anything unless one worships our Krishna', or, 'Nothing can be gained without the worship of Kali, our Divine Mother', or, 'One cannot be saved without accepting the Christian religion.' This is pure dogmatism. The dogmatist says, 'My religion alone is true, and the religions of others are false.' This is a bad attitude. God can be reached by different paths.”- Sri Ramakrishna

- "To those who see with loving eyes, life is beautiful.
To those who speak with tender voices, life is peaceful.
To those who help with gentle hands, life is full.
And to those who care with compassionate hearts,
Life is good beyond all measure."- Author Unknown

-“Whichever mantra comes to you easily and spontaneously is the one you should do. It should give a strong feeling and be like music flowing from the heart."- Mother Meera

-"Prayer is the key of the morning and the bolt of the evening. There is no peace without the grace of God, and there is no grace of God without prayer. Prayer is not an old woman’s idle amusement. Properly understood and applied, it is the most potent instrument of action. Undoubtedly, prayer requires a living faith in God. Heartfelt prayer steadies one’s nerves, humbles one and clearly shows one the next step."- Mahatma Gandhi

-“ I dreamed I spoke in another’s language
I dreamed I lived in another’s skin,
I dreamed I was my own beloved,
I dreamed I was a tiger’s kin.

I dreamed that Eden lived inside me,
And when I breathed a garden came,
I dreamed I knew all of Creation,
I dreamed I knew the Creator’s name.

I dreamed—and this dream was the finest—
That all I dreamed was real and true,
And we would live in joy forever,
You in me, and me in you.” – Clive Barker

-“ ‘Tis a gift to be simple
‘Tis a gift to be free
‘Tis a gift to come down where you ought to be
And when you find yourself in a place just right
You’ll be in the valley of love and delight

When true simplicity is gain
To bow and to bend we shant be ashamed
To turn, turn will be our delight
And by turning, turning we come ‘round right”- “Simple Gifts”- Traditional Shaker, Aaron Copland

-“Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web we do to ourselves. All the things are bound together. All the things connect.”- Chief Seattle

-"I existed from all eternity and, behold, I am here; and I shall exist till the end of time, for my being has no end." -Kahlil Gibran, "Anthem of Humanity"

-“ ‘Bricks and mortar sing us no audible tune; the heart opens only to the human chant of being’”- the wondering sadhu; Autobiography of a Yogi- Paramahansa Yogananda

-“Blessed is the man who expects nothing, for he shall never be disappointed”- Alexander Pope

-“ ‘Child,’ the master said, though apparently I was nearly twice his own age, ‘for the faults of many judge not the whole. Everything on earth is of mixed character, like a mingling of sand and sugar. Be like the wise ant that seazes only the sugar, and leaves the sand untouched…’”- Babaji; Autobiography of a Yogi- Paramahansa Yogananda

- “If as much energy went into loving each other and improving our lives as went into greed and hate, what a wonderful world this would be.”- Teepi

-"The universe is an immense allusion, and our inner life an anonymous quotation; only the italics are our own. Is it within our power to verify the quotation, to identify the source, to learn what all things stand for?"- Man is Not Alone; Rabbi Abraham Joshua Heshel

-“Ring them bells Sweet Martha,
For the poor man's son,
Ring them bells so the world will know
That God is one.- “Ring Them Bells”, Bob Dylan

-“Never believe that a few caring people can't change the world. For, indeed, that's all who ever have”- Unknown

-“Let us pray in our hearts for a League of Souls and a United World. Though we may seem divided by race, creed, color, class, and political prejudices, still, as children of the one God we are able in our souls to feel brotherhood and world unity. May we work for the creation of a United World in which every nation will be a useful part, guided by God through man’s enlightened conscience. In our hearts we can all learn to be free from hate and selfishness. Let us pray for harmony among the nations, that they march hand in hand through the gate of a fair new civilization." —Paramahansa Yogananda

-“Never give up
No matter what is going on
Never give up
Develop the heart
Too much energy in your country is spent
Developing the mind instead of the heart.
Be compassionate not just to your friends but to everyone
Be compassionate.
Work for peace in your heart and in the world.
Work for peace and I say again
Never give up.
No matter what is happening,
No matter what is going on around you,
Never give up.” -His Holiness the Dalai Lama

-"The world is ready for a mystic revolution, a discovery of the God in each of us."- George Harrison

-“It is better to see God in everything than to try and figure it out. “-Neem Karoli Baba

-"We are all part of the One Spirit. When you experience the true meaning of religion, which is to know God, you will realize that He is your Self, and that He exists equally and impartially in all beings.” –Paramahansa Yogananda

-“Let not a man glory in this, that he love his country;
Let him rather glory in this, that he love his kind.”- Persian proverb
-"Just as we cannot talk of visual beauty if we are blind, so we cannot discuss

-"It's easier to tell a lie than it is to tell the truth
It's easier to kill a fly than it is to turn it loose
It's easier to criticize somebody else
Than to see yourself

It's easier to give a sigh and be like all the rest
Who stand around and crucify you while you do your best
It's easier to see the books upon the shelf
Than to see yourself

It's easier to hurt someone and make them cry
Than it is to dry their eyes
I got tired of fooling around with other people's lies
Rather I'd find someone that's true

It's easier to say you won't than it is to feel you can
It's easier to drag your feet than it is to be a man
It's easier to look at someone else’s wealth
Than to see yourself "- "See Yourself"- George Harrison

-"Life is fragile, like a raindrop on a lotus leaf."- Adi Shankara

-“Scan not a friend with a microscopic glass—you know his faults—then let his foibles pass.”- Old Victorian Proverb

-“You should not speak, hear or do evil. You should see love everywhere and in everyone. See the good in all."- Ram Dass

-“Without going out of my door
You can know all things of earth
With out looking out of my window
You could know the ways of heaven
The farther one travels
The less one knows
The less one really knows
Arrive without traveling
See all without looking
Do all without doing "- "The Inner Light"- The Beatles; George Harrison

-"To be nobody but yourself in a world that's doing its best to make you somebody else, is to fight the hardest battle you are ever going to fight. Never stop fighting." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

-“The effects which follow the constant and intense a concentration upon evil are always disastrous. Those who crusade, not for God in themselves, but against the demons in others, never succeed in making the world better ... No man can concentrate his attention on evil, or even the idea of evil, and remain unaffected. To be more against the demon than for Godliness is exceedingly dangerous. Every crusader is apt to go mad. He is haunted by the wickedness which he attributes to his enemies; it becomes sort of a part of him." - Aldous Huxley

-“God doesn't require us to succeed; he only requires that you try.”-Mother Teresa

-“What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.”- Ralph Waldo Emerson

- " ‘Item six on the agenda: the meaning of life. Now, uh, Harry, you've had some thoughts on this.’

‘That's right. Yeah, I've had a team working on this over the past few weeks, and, uh, what we've come up with can be reduced to two fundamental concepts. One: people are not wearing enough hats. Two: matter is energy. In the universe, there are many energy fields which we cannot normally perceive. Some energies have a spritual source which act upon a person's soul. However this soul does not exist ab initio, as orthodox Christianity teaches; it has to be brought into existence by a process of guided self-observation. However, this is rarely achieved, owing to man's unique ability to be distracted from spiritual matters by everyday trivia.’

‘What was that about hats?’

‘Oh, um...people aren't wearing enough of them.’ "- Monty Python and the Meaning of Life

-"Meditate. Live purely. Be quiet. Do your work with mastery. Like the moon, come out from behind the clouds! Shine.”-Buddha

-"Remember, your most attractive features are your heart and soul.....not the shell but the spirit contained within."- Darren Hayes

-“ The first time I met George [Harrison], I asked him how he liked our temple room. He said, ‘You know where the real temple is, don't you?’, then he poked me hard in the chest with his index finger and said, ‘It's in your heart!’"- Kulasekhara Das

"When you find peace within yourself, you become the kind of person who can live at peace with others" -- Peace Pilgrim

-"Each one has to find his peace from within. And peace to be real must be unaffected by outside circumstances." -Mohandas Gandhi

-“Why live in the darkness all your life? If you are unhappy, look for the light within." ~ George Harrison

-“To dare to live alone is the rarest courage; since there are many who had rather meet their bitterest enemy in the field, than their own hearts in their closet”- Unknown

-"Never was there a time when I did not exist, nor you, nor all these kings; nor in the future shall any of us cease to be."- Sri Krishna to Arjuna (Bhagavad-gita 2.12)

-"Why do we play with fire?
Why do we run our fingers through the flame?
Why do we leave our hands on the stove,
Although we know we're in for some pain?
Oh why do we refuse to hang a light,
Though the streets are dangerous?
Why does it take an accident before the truth gets through to us?

Cages or wings?
Which do you prefer?
Ask the birds
Fear or love, baby?
Don't say the answer
Actions speak louder than words.

Why do we try to do our best,
When we can just get by and still gain?
Why do we nod our heads,
Although we know the boss is wrong as rain?
Why should we blaze a trail when the well worn path seams safe and so inviting?
How as we travel can we see the dismay and keep from fighting?...

…What does it take to wake up a generation?
How can you make someone take off and fly?
If we don't wake up and shake up the nation,
We'll leave the dust of the world wondering why

Why do we stay with lovers who we know down deep just aren't right?
Why would we rather put ourselves through hell then sleep alone at night?
Why should we follow leaders who never lead?
Why does it take catastrophe to start a revolution if we're so free?
Tell me why.
Someone tell me why so many people bleed...

Cages or wings?
Which do you prefer?
Ask the birds
Fear or love, baby?
Don't say the answer
Actions speak louder than
They speak louder
Actions speak louder than....."-"Louder Than Words"; tick, tick...BOOM!; Jonathan Larson

-"Though one man conquers a thousand men, a thousand times in battle, he who
conquers himself is the greatest warrior."- Buddha

-“I believe in God, but not as one thing, not as an old man in the sky. I believe that what people call God is something in all of us. I believe that what Jesus and Mohammed and Buddha and all the rest said was right. It's just that the translations have gone wrong."- John Lennon

-“It's being here now that's important. There's no past and there's no future. Time is a very misleading thing. All there is ever, is the now. We can gain experience from the past, but we can't relive it; and we can hope for the future, but we don't know if there is one.”- George Harrison

-"There is only one time when it is essential to awaken. That time is now."- Buddha

-“There has always been heartache and pain, and when its over you’ll breathe again”- “Crash and Burn”; Savage Garden
-"Thousands of candles can be lighted from a single candle, and the life of the candle will not be shortened. Happiness never decreases by being shared. "- Buddha

-"We've learned to fly the air like birds, we've learned to swim the sea like fish, but we haven't learned to walk the earth like brother and sister."- Martin Luther King, Jr.

-"Live like that scavenger fish which lives in the muck but the muck does not touch its body."- Sri Ramakrishna

-“There's only now
There's only here
Give in to love
Or live in fear
No other path
No other way
No day but today”- “Another Day”; Rent; Jonathan Larson

-"The secret of health for both mind and body is not to mourn for the past, not to worry about the future, or not to anticipate troubles, but to live in the present moment wisely and earnestly."- Buddha

-"I keep traveling around the bend
There was no beginning, there is no end
It wasn't born and never dies
There are no edges, there is no sides
Oh yeah, you just don't win
It's so far out - the way out is in
Bow to God and call him Sir
But if you don't know where you're going
Any road will take you there"- "Any Road"- George Harrison

Enjoy...that's the "Best of" my collection!

it's ok to be::: accomplishedaccomplished
filling my head::: "Only If..."- Enya

8_daze_a_week on June 24th, 2005 05:07 pm (UTC)
These are great! I am going to save them :)
when_it_hurtswhenithurts on June 24th, 2005 09:36 pm (UTC)
wow amazing. thank you for sharing that with us all. =D
svggrdnbeauty on July 6th, 2005 04:27 pm (UTC)
Glad you liked them! :)