?

No account? Create an account

22 June 2005 @ 12:34 pm
Relationship with God  
I was wondering how you all feel about 'formal' vs. 'informal' praying. I'm sure in each of our respective religions we pray formally - in temple or church, singing, chanting, reciting prayers. But do you ever just talk to God? Maybe you have a little altar at home, or even just in the car? Do you ever just speak to God as if 'he' were in the room? Expressing fears, doubts, wishes for friends or praise?

it's ok to be::: curiouscurious

Jennifer, Wardellen, Morien, take yer pick: triple moonwardellen on June 22nd, 2005 05:19 pm (UTC)
I talk to the Goddess all the time; more so since I've been working crazy hours and haven't had time for ritual. I'll be on a break, looking at the clouds or the moon or watching the owls and just chatting away about my day or what problems I'm going through. It's a good thing I take most of my breaks away from people- I'd be sent to the looney bin for talking to "myself" if anyone was around, LOL.
future Mrs. Tnewspapr_taxi on June 22nd, 2005 08:20 pm (UTC)
it is said that everyone thinks of god differently. some see him/her as a child, as a parent, as a lover, or a friend/sibling. i see Krishna as a sibling. and sometimes i get pissed off at Him. other times i talk to him as i would a friend or brother.

everyone has their own relationship. some people only pray in church. some never attend any religious ceremony,.

i enjoy going to temple...it's like hanging out at a friends house!
svggrdnbeauty on June 24th, 2005 03:25 am (UTC)
I talk to God all the time...I talk to Him as my father...to Lord Jesus as my brother and friend (I feel like His Arjuna sometimes...I'm such a little pest...lol), Lord Krishna as also a brother and friend, and the Divine Mother as my sweet Mother/Sister...and also the Divine Truth...that all pervading Spirit of God in everything...yea...sometimes I talk to that.....also my guru...Paramahansa Yogananda...talk to him too...wow...I haven't changed at all from when I was little...except now I'm an internal chatter box!! lol!

I think that is an essential thing...personal bhakti...you know? Also the formal thing is good...but its a very distant thing...but in combinations...you get a well rounded spiritual experience...also meditation is very good too...and that's a bit less personal...but it is amazing if you make it personal..I'm babbling...lol...I'm done...
moochiecatmoochiecat on June 28th, 2006 10:41 pm (UTC)
Hello,
I am just passing through here & wanted to comment on your question. I am a Born-again Christian & I pray to the Lord Jesus Christ. I think it is a wonderful question to ask & I am glad someone had the guts to ask it. I love George Harrison a lot & one of the reasons was that he was not afraid or embarrased to say that he had a relationship with the Lord. We need more people like him & apparently like you. Thank you for listening & have a great night.