?

No account? Create an account

17 January 2006 @ 02:35 am

ive had an extremely confusing day. i cried so much over something so stupid. the guy i love got drunk in school and he was so out of it, he kept falling and everyone laughed at him. i couldnt help it, its like i was crying for him. i dont know why i like him if he does drugs and drinks at such a young age. but i do and i dont know how to stop. any advice you have for me, id gladly appreciate.

Jennifer, Wardellen, Morien, take yer pick: bird of paradisewardellen on June 20th, 2005 01:57 pm (UTC)
I am not a therapist or a counsellor. It sounds from your entry that you are not one, either. If that is so, you are not equipped to truly help this person change- and an expert in such an area cannot change him, only guide him. You are the only person you can change.

You are worth more than what this boy is giving you credit for. You deserve someone who will lift you up rather than drag you down.

Caring for someone and letting them pull you into their problems are two different things. I hope you decide to give yourself the space to grow, rather than wilt in the shadow of this person's life encompassing problems. And I do know that such a thing is easier said than done; I'm trying to decide whether or not to leave my husband.

Whether or not you choose to distance yourself from this person, remember that YOU are the image or embodiment of whatever Higher Power you believe in. You should treat yourself with the same respect and reverence you show your God/dess/Spiritual Guide.

Peace and Blessings to you.