?

No account? Create an account

15 June 2005 @ 02:28 pm
Greetings...  
Hi every one I'm new to LJ and your group (which caught my eyes so I joined). I'm in the search for peace and God. For the mean time does anyone know any good chants that I can use when ever I'm feeling down.

Bless you all...

it's ok to be::: curiouscurious
filling my head::: Jamiroquai- Spend a Lifetime

future Mrs. Tnewspapr_taxi on June 15th, 2005 06:24 pm (UTC)
hari bol is just an ancient greeting that hindus use with each other.

i use it because we say it in my hare krishna temple.

there are many chants one can do for peace and tranquility and liberation...but may i suggest the mahamantra??

hare krishna hare krishna
krishna krishna hare hare
hare rama hare rama
rama rama hare hare

i will answer any question you might have...or you can go here ISKCON.com

welcome and i hope you find what you're looking for.
svggrdnbeauty on June 16th, 2005 01:14 am (UTC)
That's the one that I was thinking of too...there are power in them there words...they do the most amazing things ;) :)
when_it_hurtswhenithurts on June 15th, 2005 06:33 pm (UTC)
Re:
Thank you very, very much.
future Mrs. Tnewspapr_taxi on June 15th, 2005 07:39 pm (UTC)
Re:
you're very welcome.

the search for god is awesome...some people never find it. some do and are let down. others find their niche right away and are happy forever.

i hope you are the later.

where are you living now? perhaps there is a temple, church, etc that you can attend.
8_daze_a_week on June 15th, 2005 07:01 pm (UTC)
Welcome to the community!

Someone already suggested the hare krishna chant, so I will give you another.

I enjoy the chant "Om Mani Padme Hum". Tibetan Buddhists believe that saying the mantra (prayer), Om Mani Padme Hum, out loud or silently to oneself, invokes the powerful benevolent attention and blessings of Chenrezig, the embodiment of compassion. Repeating this mantra accumulates merit and eases negative karma; meditating upon it is believed to purify the mind and body.
(Deleted comment)
future Mrs. Tnewspapr_taxi on June 15th, 2005 07:12 pm (UTC)
yea...and tell him to clean his room too...
(Deleted comment)
svggrdnbeauty on June 16th, 2005 01:17 am (UTC)
Ah yes! Another Krishna Das fan! :) I def. suggest him also...amazing stuff. Breath of the Heart was my first (and favourite)..."OM Nama Bhaghavate Vasudevaya" is a good track and so is "Hare Hare Mahadeva Shaambo Kashi Vishwanatha Gange" :) :) Also his Pilgrim Heart album is another one of my favourites. :)
when_it_hurtswhenithurts on June 16th, 2005 04:13 am (UTC)
thank you all
once again thank you all for the response...I'm from N.Y. and its hard for me to find a place were I can unwind myself. Quick question to you all how was your search for God, what is it that you felt, how did you know that you have found him. I know that its different for every one, because I'm having a difficult time. I feel like if my mind wont let me open up like if I'm afraid.
svggrdnbeauty on June 16th, 2005 04:56 am (UTC)
Re: thank you all
I didn't think he was ever lost...but I know what you mean ;) Umm...I don't know...you just kind of know...you know what I mean? All that fear, anxiousness, doubt...it all kind of vanishes...I've had that experience a total of three times I think...since I began...but then I again...I don't surrender as much as I should (naughty me!)...but I'm almost totally sure...that if you are sincere...you will find what you are looking for. One lesson I have learned is that it takes time...gosh it does...but keep your sincerety and your love...those I think are the most important above all. :)