where i end (and you begin) (mindxofxmyxown) wrote in _another_rating,
where i end (and you begin)
mindxofxmyxown
_another_rating

• Mood:
  • Music:

You can't make me see what you think I should know, you don't understand where I'm coming from.

Requirements:
Tell us a little bit about yourself...
I'm from Australia, I'm a music nut, I live to play X-box and I'm lazy. That's about all there is to me!

+Name: Sharne
+Age: Sixteen
+Yourself in 5 words: Crazy, noisy, opinionated, friendly, dorky.
+Top 10 bands/musicians of all time:
+ Brand New
+ Alkaline Trio
+ Thrice
+ Death By Stereo
+ Coheed and Cambria
+ Smashing Pumpkins
+ Nirvana
+ Millencolin
+ Jimmy Eat World
+ Strung Out

+Favorite songs not performed by the top 10:
+ Lotel- Teenager Of The Year
+ The Beatles- Help
+ The Blood Brothers- Fucking's Greatest Hits
+ Lifehouse- Hanging By A Moment

+Top 5 favorite movies:
+ Donnie Darko
+ Empire Records
+ Toy Story
+ My Girl
+ Requiem For A Dream

+Colors: Green, purple, orange.

+Any quirks?: I love school- particularly english, history and drama. I think Australian writers are the best- particularly John Marsden.

+Pet Peeves:
+ When the door isn't closed properly- frustrates me to no end!
+ Poor spelling and grammar.

+Favorite thing to wear:
+ Band t-shirts
+ Thrice jacket
+ my Rusty shorts
+ White and Blue Converse shoes.

+What do you like to do with your free time?:
+ read
+ write
+ listen to music
+ watch the football (NRL)
+ play X-box.

+Favorite books:
+ Pride and Prejudice, by Jane Austen.
+ Tomorrow When The War Began, by John Marsden.
+ Looking For Alibrandi, by Melina Marchetta.
+ A Midsummer Night's Dream, by William Shakespeare.

+Favorite words:
+ stellar
+ specimen
+ autocrat

+Favorite TV show:
+ The Simpsons
+ Seinfeld

+Favorite season and why:
+ Winter, particularly over Summer, because you can always warm up (blankets, fires, hot chocolate, snuggling) but it's not so easy to cool down.

+Special talent?
+ I kick ass in the History faculty, but I don't think that really counts as a talent. I'm pretty good at volleyball actually.

+Pick a few lyrics/quotes/pictures to describe you:
+ If it makes you less sad, I will die by your hand.
I hope you find out what you want.
I already know what I am.
-The Boy Who Blocked His Own Shot, Brand New.

+ the only person that's gonna think about you
is the one that's standing in your shoes
-Monster, Strung Out.

+ You can't make me see what you think I should know,
You don't understand where I'm coming from.
-Velvet Alley, Strung Out.

+Describe a sentimental object of yours:
+ My teddy bear, an old friend gave it to me, and I no longer speak to him. Nothing major, we just drifted apart. It makes me smile when I cuddle it because I remember how close the two of us once were.

+Most shocking moment of your life:
+ When Brand New cancelled, less than a month ago. It was their first time in Australia, and they were touring with Blink 182, and I bought a $65 ticket JUST to see Brand New. Three days before it, someone joked about how Travis (Blink's drummer) had broken his foot and Brand New had cancelled. I refused to believe it, but it turned out to be true. I was pretty mad/upset about it.
I imagine there have been many more shocking occurrences, but obviously the most recent one will stick to mind.

+Most embarrassing:
+ Getting stuck on this clip 50metres in the air on this ropes course last year. We were on camp, and I had literally changed schools three days before, and I was hanging in the air for everyone to see for about an hour. Oh well, at least I was known after that!

+Favorite physical feature:
+ On myself? My lips. On other people? I always noticed eyes first... "the window into the soul".

+Tell us a secret:
+ I own all the Spice Girls CDs...
...And still listen to them occasionally.
...And dance.
...And know all the words.
...And my mum joins in.
...Yes, we are dorks.

+Movies/Music/Books [3 of each] you didn't like and why you didn't like them:
Music:
+ Give Up The Ghost. I used to love them, they were awesome on recording, but they came to Australia and played last year and I saw them- they were off their face, the lead singer couldn't stand, or articulate his words. If a band is terrible live, they are a terrible band.
+ The Vines- Same reason, they played at Sydney's biggest music festival, the Big Day Out. The guitarist was on so many drugs that he fell off the stage.
+ 50 Cent- Because "da", "niggaz", and "aight" are not words, and rap/r'n'b is not music.

Movies:
+ Passport to Paris, with the Olsen Twins. I was supposed to go to France last year, but a month beforehand the trip was cancelled. So basically, it made me hate the Olsen twins because they were in France and I was not.
+ Cinderella II, because it didn't need a sequel- they lived happily ever after!
+ Bowling For Columbine, because of the way Moore manipulated the audience and fed us lies and inaccuracies. It made me angry, because I could be swayed that way.

Books:
+ Stupid White Men, by Michael Moore, for the same reason as Bowling For Columbine- how much of what he is saying is actually fact?
+ Othello, by William Shakespeare- because we have had to over-analyse it to death in English this year. So much, that it made me hate it immensely.
+ The BabySitters Club, because they lacked any real plot, and they were all the same. Of course, I used to like them, but five years on I am educated enough to make that assumption.

Fix this...
+You want to hook up an electronic device using an A/C adaptor but the only one you can find does not fit in said device...:
+ Buy batteries, or if I am being stubborn and insisting on hooking it up to an A/C adaptor, take the electronic device into Electronics Boutique and ask them to help find an adaptor that fits.

+The debate over gay marriage [consider those who are against it]:
+ I don't think this can be "fixed" as such, I think it really does require people to just get their opinion out there so that the government can realise that there is nothing wrong with it. They need to come to that realisation for themselves, because we can't make it for them.

+someone grabs you from behind, fingers latched in your hair...:
+ I imagine my initial reaction would be to scream, because that is instinct, but once I came to my senses I would kick as hard as I can, or if my arms were free, maybe punch in the area of their face.

+you're convinced you're in love with someone who does not respond to simple conversation but you want their admiration and to know more about them...
+ Simple, you can't be in love with someone you don't know/know well. So I'd just drill that into myself.

Thoughts on:
self-mutilation:
+ A lot of people do it, I used to do it (this is no sob story), and for alot of people it is a passing phase. At the time I thought it was the only reasonable solution, and it made me feel better. Looking back, there were plenty of options, I was just too blind to see them, and now I have to live with the scars forever. I try and reason with people who do it, because I now have the experience to know that there ARE other options, even though alot of people can't see that.

abortion:
+ Is a good thing, particularly for women who are victims of rape and other sexual assault. It is unfair to the mother and to the child to put them through the childbirth, because the child will always be seen as the result of the rape, and the mother may never appreciate what she has. For some women, it is the only option- they make a mistake, and they aren't ready to raise a child. There are so many kids in orphanages nowadays, and it is just as cruel to force the child into a place where they will never have their OWN parents, their OWN possessions, and their OWN identities, as it is to "kill" them. I am not in any way condoning abortion as the "easy" solution, but I don't think women who have abortions should be looked down upon, because I know they have to be pretty damn strong just to make that decision in the first place.

government:
+ Alot of you are probably from the U.S, and because I am from Australia this may not make much sense to you. But basically, I am sick to death of Johnny Howard (our Prime Minister) following around Bush and doing everything Bush does. Jeez, being in office does not involve playing follow the leader! We are a completely separate nation to America, and we should be governed that way.

popular culture:
+ A good thing, again. It brings fame and fortune to the corresponding nations, and gives people something better to focus on than the miseries of their lives.

body modification:
+ I'm not a fan, and I'd never do it to myself, but people can do what they want. Granted, there are different situations and circumstances to consider. Medical reasons are much different to just wanting bigger breasts, or a smaller nose, and thus I condone those.

the application:
+ A bit long, but interesting nonetheless. It made me think (a rare moment, ladies and gents) and thus even if I don't get in, I will have gotten something out of it.

And lastly, pictures!

I am the girl.

On the right.

At my school formal, last year.

At the school swimming carnival, "in the spirit of things"... Told you I'm a dork!

My boyfriend of seven months and I (at school).

Subscribe
  • Post a new comment

Error

default userpic

Your IP address will be recorded 

When you submit the form an invisible reCAPTCHA check will be performed.
    You must follow the Privacy Policy and Google Terms of use.
  • 20 comments