YOU, YES YOU.
--your name: Dana
--your age: 19
--where you're from: originally Wisconsin, currently residing in Chicago, USA
--sexuality: straight
--heritage: 1/2 British (English), 1/2 Polish
--religion: none (raised Catholic)
--eye colour: brown
--some hair talk: I have stick straight hair that I usually wear down and straight, but I think it looks marvelous with I curl it, so I'll do that very often when I go out. It's about 3 inches past my shoulders, with long layers that start at my jawline. It's a deep brown colour, and shall remain that way seeing as I'm afraid, cheap, and lazy when it comes to colouring it. To style it I just blow dry with a heat activated root lifter and mousse, using a flat brush to keep it completely straight, and then curl the ends under to make it look "neater." I don't have cowlicks, so I'm lucky enough to be able to part it anywhere I want, but I tend to go for a side part and sweep it across my brow and stick a headband on...it ends up looking very "early 60's"
--occupation at this moment in time: I nanny two very adorable and charming little girls as a summer job, but normally I'm a student in college who works unpaid as a radio DJ.
--your ambition for the future: Continue as a DJ, but hopefully graduate with a degree in Communications: Radio, TV, Film and eventually get a job at with either a radio station (independent only, NO Clear Channel bullshit) or a record label.
--phobias: birds, clowns, ET (the extraterrestrial), and Brian Peppers
--languages you can speak, are learning, or have made up: American English, Spanish, and French
--hobbies you have: horseback riding, reading, mixing music, making/destroying T-shirts, sewing/altering clothing, cleaning, color coordinating, organizing, and painting watercolors inspired by the Mighty Boosh
--things that piss you off

some pictures if you'd like:

SOME OF YOUR FAVOURITE THINGS
--favourite music: (It said it could ramble on forever, so I'm going to...): First and foremost my favourite band of all time is The Libertines, and of course I include all of the post-Libertines' Libertines projects in this. Naturally, a lot of the bands that were associated with that era of British Rock I am also fond of as well...such as The Strokes, Razorlight, Franz Ferdinand, etc. I have a soft spot for rootsy rock, so I'm a big fan of Kings of Leon, Black Rebel Motorcycle Club, White Stripes, and The Raconteurs. Britpop is another genre I'm smitten over...Oasis, Pulp (and solo Jarvy!), Blur, The Verve and so on. Miscellaneous 90s British stuff like The Stone Roses, Manic Street Preachers and Primal Scream. New, fun and exciting British it bands as well...Arctic Monkeys, Kaiser Chiefs, The Fratellis, Kasabian...and dancepunk (or nu rave, whatever the kids call it these days) like Klaxons, NYPC, CSS, Hadouken!, Hot Chip. Also a little bit of grime/dance/disco-y remixes...Dizzee Rascal, Justice, MSTRKRFT, Simian Mobile Disco, etc, etc...I can't forget to mention the stuff I grew up on..classic rock! The Clash (classic punk counts too), The Beatles, The Rolling Stones, Zeppelin, The Who, Cream, The Kinks, Skynyrd, Dylan..I got a pretty solid foundation in early rock thanks to my parents. There are of course a bunch of random artists that I love but I don't have time to list them all...being a DJ my job is literally to sit for hours on end and review random CDs (awesome, I know), so I become familiar with a wide array of music, which is why my tastes are so eclectic...if it's good, I'll probably enjoy it. I also enjoy Muse..I find they don't really fit into any categories I've defined above, and they definitely deserve to be mentioned.

--favourite films: Almost Famous, Velvet Goldmine, The Empire Strikes Back, Aladdin, Stand By Me, Trainspotting, Rushmore, In & Out, Billy Madison, Forrest Gump, Interview with the Vampire, Back to the Future, Ferris Bueller's Day Off, The Breakfast Club, Dazed and Confused, My Girl
--favourite websites: shoutmouth.com, questionablecontent.net, oink.cd, tv-links.co.uk, thesneeze.com
--favourite food: Spanish rice
--favourite drink: nonalcoholic: frozen cappuccino, beer: Newcastle Brown Ale, mixed: Long Island, shooter: SoCo Lime
--favourite book: Harry Potter series (I do read a lot, I swear, I just love my some HP!), also To Kill a Mockingbird
--favourite celebrity, be it rock star, actor, actress etc: Pete Doherty, as much of a mess as he is, he's so dang talented and romantic, and classically bohemian..I can't even stand how cool he is.
--favourite stores/shops: as poseurish as it is I love Urban Outfitters and H&M...it's hard to find nice boutiques that fit my style in the suburbs and I don't go into the city enough to make use of it.
--favourite clothing brand: Burberry...as wild as I may seem, deep down I'm very classic.
--favourite quote: "Don't criticize what you can't understand." - Bob Dylan ...followed very closely by: "I'm drunk off Bailey's, I drank a shoe full of Bailey's and now I drunk as a bitch. I'M OLD GREGG!" - Old Gregg

A FEW QUESTIONS
--whose hair in this life do you admire the most, & why? Hmm, wow...Jared Followill (bassist of Kings of Leon), the boy went from a giant frizzy, moppy mess to hipster chic very quickly.
--who is your style icon? Oh wow, tough...a cross between Natalie Portman and Kate Hudson I think
--who would you love to fuck? Nick Valensi circa 2003
--who would you like to kill? Pete Wentz, Kirsten Dunst, the people that decide it's okay to put programming like "Flavor of Love Charm School" or "My Super Sweet Sixteen" on channels previously devouted to music.
--what are your views on sexuality, god, abortion & war?
----sexuality: This is a personal decision, and no one has the right to interfere/judge another person's choices in regards to it. You can be as open or closed with your sexuality as you chose, it doesn't bother me, and really shouldn't bother anyone you aren't screwing. As far as sexual preference goes...while I'm personally straight I'm extremely comfortable and supportive of LGBT individuals. I think sexual preference and gender is something you are born with, the same as eye or hair color...and it doesn't make anyone less human, or a "sinner," it's just nature, and you can't fight it. I'm a huge supporter of LGBT rights, and to deny them the kind of things we do here in the US, or anywhere in the world for that matter, is a huge disgrace.
----god: This is a touchy subject. I personally can't believe in anything after all of the science I've gone through. It just simply can't be. But I could see how it would be comforting for others to believe, so I'm supportive of their decisions and beliefs. In fact, sometimes I wish I could believe in God again, but I can't trick myself into skirting around the facts. This doesn't mean I'm not a good person anymore, I still strive to make the world a better place and do good whenever I can. And even if I did believe in God I don't think I could practice an organized religion. Frankly, they scare me...and I think your beliefs should be private and formed on your own accord.
----abortion: If it came to it, I would get one...so I'm not going to judge anyone else that has. Yes, I would feel horrible about it and try to avoid that kind of situation at all costs...safe sex is very important, but let's not be naive...mistakes can be made, and having a baby when you aren't ready is detrimental to the parents and the child...and if the mother and father should so chose to end the pregnancy, they should have the right to do it without fear of prosecution or the law interfering.
----war: I used to be insanely political, so much so that I wanted to go into politics, but after being so passionate about it I eventually became burnt out. Thus, while I still have strong opinions, it's hard for me to defend them and put as much passion as I once had behind them. However, I think that war is to be avoided at all costs, because in the end it really does nothing that couldn't have been done if everyone had been civil and handled it politically instead. Ideally, there would be no conflict, but obviously that's not possible. So therefore, I think military involvement should be avoided unless the country has been attacked and is in imminent danger of continued attacks by a source/country that is not willing to use political means of resultion. Basically, avoid it at all costs, because casualties are people with families and friends that love them, and that's simply not cool.

--if you could be anyone for a day, who would it be?: Lily Allen, because she knows freaking everyone in music...so I would use her contacts to hang out with everyone..specifically Matt Helders the Arctic Monkey, because I have a big ol' fan girl crush on him.
--why are you so interested in fashion? To me it is an art medium...you can create a masterpiece that can project a message to those who see you, and allow anyone passing by to get a glimpse into your personality. You can use it to become another person completely. By changing your outfit you can change your mood and your message. Fashion is thrilling.

SOME THINGS WE'D LIKE YOU TO DO
--tell us a joke: courtesy of the late, great Mitch Hedberg: On a traffic light yellow means yield, and green means go. On a banana, it's just the opposite, yellow means go ahead, green means stop, and red means, where'd you get that banana?
--tell us a childhood memory: I used to show horses competitively a lot, and once at a show my friends and I got bored once our classes where done and we found what we thought was a "swimming pool" but was really an old manure pit that had filled with rainwater. Curiously it had a canoe near the edge, so we decided to paddle around for awhile. After about 5 minutes one of my friends dropped her oar, and we started freaking out, not wanting to loose it and get in trouble. I tried to reach over and get it, but lost my balance and went overboard. Once we got "ashore" my friends commented on how much I smelled, and how much trouble we were going to get in. So we went to the horse washrack, hosed me down, as well as the rest of them as well so I wouldn't look so conspicuous by being the only one wet. We didn't think our parents had found out, until a few months later they let us know that they'd seen the whole thing and had been laughing hysterically at us.
--tell us a random fact about yourself: I'm almost 6' tall.
--give us five, made up, random words. kouchin, symberty, listegern, relionly, mysterfying

Feel free to add me if you'd like, I enjoy making new friends.
Subscribe
  • Post a new comment

Error

default userpic
    When you submit the form an invisible reCAPTCHA check will be performed.
    You must follow the Privacy Policy and Google Terms of use.
  • 4 comments