Indigo (midnights_lover) wrote in __takeaction,
Indigo
midnights_lover
__takeaction

• Mood:
  • Music:

homophobic bullying help

Hello!

Just wondering if I could get a few opinions/suggestions from you folks...

For my final project in English, I'm doing a presentation on homophobia in schools (for both students and teachers) and possible solutions to the problem.

Unfortunately, I can't think of a single thing to say about it. What solutions are there for homophobia in schools, other than stricter punishment for bullying? :S

My teacher is very excited for it, and believes that maybe we could actually make a difference with it (I also have to write a letter to someone influential, that's where the making-a-difference would come in, however doubtful it may be) and I don't want to let her down. Any topics that you think I should be sure to cover?

Any bullying stories of you own you have to share? Any good news stories I should take a look at?

Also, I somehow have to come up with an interactive activity... I have no idea. My original topic was the gay marriage controversy, and I was going to gay-marry people. It would have been amusing to see the students avoid my booth like the plague. Hehe. But anywho, now that I've narrowed it down to homophobia within schools, I can't think of anything more interesting than a survey -_-;;

If you have ANYTHING at all to say on the subject, I would love you for ever and ever and ever and ever and EVER if you commented or e-mailed me ^___^ My e-mail is saffrons_curse@hotmail.com.

x-posted EVERYWHERE ;_;
Subscribe
  • Post a new comment

Error

default userpic

Your reply will be screened

Your IP address will be recorded 

When you submit the form an invisible reCAPTCHA check will be performed.
    You must follow the Privacy Policy and Google Terms of use.
  • 4 comments