ThinkExist.com!
Quote Garden!
Pages of Romance!
Realms of the Thief

June 6th, 2006

Previous Entry Share Next Entry
crazygirl2222
10:26 pm
so my friend has gone through some really crazy shit lately. Death of her mom unexpectedly at like 50 (shes in her 20's) a month ago and now she is unexpectedly and not intentionally pregnant. Her dad is abusive mostly verbally, and has recently since her mom's death started to get physical. her brother is pretty much an asshole too, so all she has is me and her boyfriend who is going to be a soon to be dad but doesn't know it yet, cuz she's out of the country on a study abroad trip and doesn't want to tell him till she gets back. So I'm kind of here on my own, and it's taking its toll on me, I try so hard to protect her and I would jump out in front of a truck for her, but I dunno what else to do to help her. Anyone have any quotes that I Can send just to say "keep your head up" or something related to her situation at all??

Thanks in advance I really love this community!

[2 perfect phrases | found one!]

Comments:

[User Picture]
Date:June 7th, 2006 09:11 am (UTC)
(Link)
<3

Now and then it's good to pause in our pursuit of happiness and just be happy.
[Guillaume Apollinaire ]

Whenever you fall, pick something up.
[Oswald Avery]

When the Japanese mend broken objects, they aggrandize the damage by filling the cracks with gold. They believe that when something's suffered damage and has a history it becomes more beautiful.
[Barbara Bloom]

There is no cosmetic for beauty like happiness.
[Lady Blessington]

The soul would have no rainbow had the eyes no tears.
[John Vance Cheney]

When you are going through hell, keep on going. Never never never give up.
[Winston Churchill]

What a wonderful life I've had! I only wish I'd realized it sooner.
[Colette]

The Romans were right. One can bear anything. The pain we cannot bear will kill us outright.
[Janet Fitch, White Oleander]

Sometimes you're at your best when you feel the worst.
[Green Day, "Nice Guys Finish Last"]

The place to be happy is here, the time to be happy is now.
[Robert Ingersoll]

And this is what she says gets her though it, "If I don't let myself be happy now, then when?" If not now, when?
[Jimmy Eat World, "For Me This is Heaven"]

When written in Chinese the word "crisis" is composed of two characters - one represents danger and the other represents opportunity.
[John F. Kennedy]

Rivers know this: There is no hurry. We shall get there one day.
[A. A. Milne, "Winnie the Pooh"]

It's so hard to forget pain, but it's even harder to remember sweetness. We have no scar to show for happiness. We learn so little from peace.
[Chuck Palahniuk, "Diary"]

You can be [happy again] if you find the right page to read in your mind.
[Alicia Peaslee]

Was that what it was really like to be alive? The feeling of darkness dragging you forward? How could they live with it? And yet they did, and even seemed to find enjoyment in it, when surely the only sensible course would be to despair. Amazing. [...] Obviously is was something you had to be born to.
[Terry Pratchett, "Reaper Man"]

I prayed for strength and I got pain that made me strong. I prayed for courage and got fear to overcome. When I prayed for faith, my empty heart brought me to my knees. I don't always get what I want; I get what I need.
[Collin Raye, "What I Need"]

Everything is okay in the end. If it's not okay, then it's not the end.
[Source Unknown]

If you want to be happy, be.
[Leo Tolstoy]

No snowflake in an avalanche ever feels responsible.
[Voltaire]
[User Picture]
Date:June 10th, 2006 01:27 am (UTC)
(Link)
Always listen to your heart and have faith; because when times get hard you have to remember who you are. (Unknown)

> Go to Top
LiveJournal.com