ThinkExist.com!
Quote Garden!
Pages of Romance!
Realms of the Thief

April 17th, 2006

Previous Entry Share Next Entry
butterflyangels
03:14 pm
Okay... so, I have this friend, he's male, and we'd never talked about the hottness of various people. I'm bi, he's straight, but I lean more towards girls than guys, so I'm guessing that in his mind, he just classified me as a lesbian. But I started talking about how I danced with this guy, and he was really hot and all, but he was practically like a cousin to me. He paused a bit, and then said, "now that this conversation has taken an awkward turn, I'm gonna go visit _________.' (his girlfriend). That was a week ago, and we still haven't talked.

Does anybody have any quotes that relate to this? Either the situation or the awkwardness?

[2 perfect phrases | found one!]

Comments:

[User Picture]
Date:April 19th, 2006 11:53 pm (UTC)
(Link)
Compassion occurs when we recognize ourselves in others.
[Source Unknown]

Much unhappiness has come into the world because of things left unsaid.
[Dostoevsky]

I felt so bad and I didn't know why and it didn't get better as time went by. I was there for you, but you turned away. And I tried to find you, but you turned away [...], but it's useless. And I tried to speak, but it was useless.
[Danny Elfman, "Can't See"]

Sometimes the way you act makes me wonder what I am to you.
[Billie Rae Martin]

Nothing is as frightening as ignorance in action.
[Johann Wolfgang von Goethe]

What we don't understand we can make mean anything.
[Chuck Palahniuk, "Diary"]

Look too closely and you will no longer be able to see what is there.
[Voice Magazine Oracle]

The Bible tells us to love our neighbors, and also to love our enemies; probably because they are generally the same people.
[G.K. Chesterton]

Taken out of context, I must seem so strange.
[Ani Difranco, "Fire Door"]

... the madness that is raining from the sky.
[Danny Elfman, "Insanity"]

No one should ever have to feel obligated to prove themselves at all times and in every situation, especially not to those whose loyalty will remain in tact long after everyone else's has withered away and died. That is, after all, what forever is for.
[Anthony Lester]

Most people love you for who you pretend to be. To keep their love, you keep pretending--performing. [...] It's true, we're locked in an image, an act. And, the sad thing is, people get so used to their image--they grow attached to their masks. They love their chains. They forget all about who they really are. And, if you try to remind them, they hate you for it--they feel like you're trying to steal their most precious possession.
[James Douglas Morrison]

All men should strive to learn before they die what they are running from, and to, and why.
[James Thurber]
[User Picture]
Date:April 23rd, 2006 05:55 am (UTC)

Dunno if this is what you wanted...

(Link)
"I don't judge others. I say if you feel good with what you're doing, let your freak flag fly."
~Family Stone

> Go to Top
LiveJournal.com