Quote Websites:
ThinkExist.com!
Quote Garden!
Pages of Romance!
Realms of the Thief

March 2nd, 2006

Previous Entry Share Next Entry
junior_mints
06:58 pm - The heart has its reasons which reason knows nothing of...
I need quotes that relate to my situation in any way, shape, or form.

Here's the deal. Right now I'm completely torn between two guys. The one I have deeper feelings for than I'd like to admit, but he's moving in 2 months and neither of us wants to deal with a long-distance relationship. The other one is much more practical; he's gonna be around for a while, we're kind of in the same group of friends already, and while he's not the smartest cookie and I think may be a little intimidated by me, he's a sweet guy and seems genuinely interested. Both guys are fun to hang out with, though with the second one it doesn't seem like we have as much to talk about. Basically I think at this point I'm trying to choose between quality and practicality. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Current Mood: confusedconfused
Current Music: Spin Doctors - Two Princes

[1 perfect phrase | found one!]

Comments:

[User Picture]
Date:March 3rd, 2006 05:38 am (UTC)
(Link)
At some time or another you have to decide what is what, who is who, or maybe rather, who you are. And you have to follow your rules. Because life is crazy if you don't follow your own rules.
[Alicia Peaslee]

It was like trying to unravel a huge ball made up of myriad tiny threads. A single thread ran smoothly through my fingers. I followed it and it led me to an knot. Patiently I worked, separating one thread from another and then another and then another until my mind ached from the strain. I untangled one knot, only to find, beneath it, another. And by the time I unraveled that one, I had lost hold of the first single thread. And there are millions of knots...Millions.
[Margaret Weis and Tracy Heinman, "Fire Sea"]

Labrynth in a shape of a heart: love's secret architecture.
[HIM, "Face Of God"]

Sometimes it is nice to cut out all the philosophical bullshit of why or why not I should remain with my boyfriend, what he has to offer me and vice versa, what this relationship has to offer me, whether we’ll last or not, whether or not he truly matches up to my ideological standards, what this relationship means to me versus society, etc. and just be happy with his presence. -- When I am apart from him, I find myself drowning in my own apprehension, choking on my own pother- recklessly breeding superfluous notions of what, at the time, I think should be freedom, independence, and happiness…not realizing at all that he is my freedom. He is my independence. He is my happiness. He is all the liberation I need from this life that I am so ungraciously living. But even that is too much. When I am apart from him- such thoughts are all that consume me. When I am with him, I am floating free on a cloud – in a bubble – in a lake – on a speckle of dust in the wind- whatever. Wherever it is, I am floating.
[mein]

> Go to Top
LiveJournal.com