> Recent Entries
> Archive
> Friends
> Profile

November 29th, 2004

Previous Entry Share Next Entry
thebunnypirate
05:27 pm - Hi!
I'm Sara, and I've been studying wicca for about 4 years now.

I live in a not-so-witch-friendly area and don't really have anyone to talk to.

When I first discovered the craft, I fell in love with it right away. Especially oil and herb magick. I actually was gonna take class to be a herbalist. Is anyone else here into herb magick? I would love to here from you. ^_^

(2 comments | Leave a comment)

Comments:

[User Picture]
Date:February 15th, 2005 09:34 am (UTC)

Herb magick.

(Link)
Well,to be honest I'm not exactly an expert on herb magick although I find it a fascinating subject.
You have my symapathies about living in a less than friendly area,one can't be too carefull, you never know what kind of oposition one may find.
I have pursued Magick all my life,it is an endless quest,an unending call that drives us to seek knoledge and insight.
Herbal lore is a noble persuit I wish you well with it.
Date:February 25th, 2005 12:46 am (UTC)

Green Growing Things

(Link)
While I consider myself something of a dilettante on the subject, I have found that most of the Scott Cunningham works on the subject are an excellent starting place; if for nothing else but reference, whether you practice Gardnerian Wicca or not. And often, you can find Herbal books on the remainder tables at chain bookstores. They don't always expound on the more Craft oriented aspects, but do help with a lot of the other basics, like growing, and harvesting. Also, you might try books about massage therapy, which often give recipes for oils; and a copy of The Joy of Cooking, which often gives explanations about heating, cooling and storing various types of herbs, and their uses in cooking.

I tend to babble; hope this helps. blessed be!

> Go to Top
LiveJournal.com