> Recent Entries
> Archive
> Friends
> Profile

June 6th, 2004

Previous Entry Share Next Entry
ladytairngire
08:56 pm
1. How do you feel about the adage: “Don’t haggle over the price of ritual tools.” ?
Does everybody agree on this?

I ask because I am a big fan of flea markets and yard sales, where I find A LOT of my treasures. Anyway, I recently bought a new dagger from a farmer’s market vendor. At places like this, haggling is the name of the game, especially since the same dagger was available a dozen stalls down at a cheaper price AND came with a stand. I got the lady to knock down the price, but then I paid three dollars more than she was asking in order to (hopefully) make up for any insult I caused by wheeling and dealing.

But I wonder – insult to who? To the Gods? The weapon? The vendor?

Personally, I think the taboo is a “guideline” – it all depends. I like to imagine that some Gods would consider bargaining a sacred art form.

Still, I’d really like to hear other opinions. I’ve never asked anyone about this.

2. Another question: Has anybody had any experience blending ritual and/or spellcraft with Feng Shui principles? If so, to what effect?

BTW – new member. Hi.

(4 comments | Leave a comment)

Comments:

[User Picture]
Date:June 16th, 2004 07:51 pm (UTC)
(Link)
Hi. I am new to this community. My feelings on this are that it is ok to haggle over the price. As with anything I do, I will only do it if it feels right. That is one of the great things about eclectic paganism. It is a sort of use what you like, and throw out what doesn't feel right. I know my wallet is usually pretty empty. If I am blessed enough to find a great ritual tool and am able to haggle in order to get a better price, then that is a bonus to me.

But that is just my honest opinion.
[User Picture]
Date:June 18th, 2004 08:04 am (UTC)
(Link)
Hi and thanks. I agree: it's important to go by what feels right intuitively.
Date:July 9th, 2004 09:09 pm (UTC)
(Link)
i am also really interested in blending the craft with feng shui. my room mate is hardcore into feng shui and i'm into the craft. i haven't heard anything really about it. but i'd love to hear what you have.

welcome to the community!
blessed be.
[User Picture]
Date:July 10th, 2004 07:48 am (UTC)
(Link)
Hmmm.

I have been trying to teach myself a little Feng Shui since we recently moved into a new house. I'm having a little trouble, though. I think the idea of chi or energy is very compatible with wiccan principles, but when it comes to directions and elements and their properties, the two schools of thought are contradictory.

Plus, Feng Shui incoporates a lot of Chinese Astrology, which I can't seem to find much information on other than the barest minimum. I know, for example, that I'm a snake and my fiance is a dragon, but that's not very specific - it's like saying I'm a Gemini and he's a Virgo. I know there's got to be more to the story than that.

> Go to Top
LiveJournal.com