January 6th, 2005

In response to the idea put out by birdsofprey18

I totally credit birdsofprey18 with this idea, and what's a better way to procrastinate than do this? So here goes:

Step 1: Put your media player on random.
Step 2: Pick your favorite lines from the first 25 songs that play.
Step 3: Post and let everyone you know guess what song the lines come from.
Step 4: Cross out the songs when someone guesses correctly.

I'm not sure how incredibly efficient I will be in crossing out, but I will be able to reply to comments and say correct/incorrect....

I've also done more than 25 because I'm really bored and procrasintinating like crazy...

Test Your Lyrical Knowledge...Collapse )

Question....

Sorry I am really stupid.... but I made an application in November, and I got all yes's but I never got one of those "Accepted" or "Rejected" picture things. I don't know if I was supposed to, but some people did, so thats why I am asking.

Application

• Current Music
    Yesterday's Feelings by The Used
Berryz

(no subject)

I wanna do the same thing as Tie. Yeah I'm making a new mix. So leave me your favorite songs. Keep in mind I have all songs from Atreyu, My Chemical Romance, Good Charlotte, and Coheed&Cambria.
  • Current Music
    Escape From Hellview-cKy

(no subject)

My own wordless stanza (formally edge of eternity) Writing the fiction (in confidence) and With rescue Breathing January 14th 6:00 2bux 29131 Howard, madison heights, mi, 48071 hit mapquest. if you have any questions just ask me. im in my own wordless stanza.

sorry im kind of behind

On second thought, perhaps Ashlee Simpson (news) should have stuck to the hoedown...

Singing live certainly didn't spare Jessica Simpson (news)'s younger, acid-reflux-suffering sibling from the wrath of the 72,000 at the packed Orange Bowl (news - web sites) Tuesday night.

In a performance preserved for all eternity on the Internet, and broadcast by ABC during halftime of the national championship-determining college football game, a strutting Simpson belted, some say screeched, her Autobiography cut "La La." At the conclusion of the number, the crown jeered, some say booed. One particularly vocal critic could be heard shouting, "You suck"--at least in the clip found on the Simpson-monitoring site, LipSync.us.

And it wasn't just Orange Bowl attendees whose ears were offended by Simpson's routine. In a commentary on MSNBC.com, Michael Ventre wrote that Simpson's singing "sounded like a cross between a political prisoner being tortured and a test of the Emergency Broadcast System."

Sound issues on the telecast marred half-time numbers by American Idol's Kelly Clarkson (news) and country singer Trace Adkins, but neither of those performances inspired the boo-birds to come out.

A call seeking comment from Simpson's publicist was not returned Wednesday.

The Simpson camp has been in damage-control mode since a lip-synching scandal shocked--shocked!--the world and/or the 20-year-old popster's impressionable fan base back in October on Saturday Night Live.

It was during the show that Simpson began to sing without actually singing. While Simpson held her microphone far from her face, her drummer accidentally punched up a prerecorded vocal track for her hit, "Pieces of Me," a song which Simpson had performed, or rather lip-synced, earlier in the evening. The savvy Simpson chose to cover the gaffe by, first, performing a foot-stomping hoedown, and, then, slinking off stage.

In the wake of the SNL snafu, Simpson has been trying to prove herself a legit vocalist, warbling live and without the aid of Memorex at events such as the Radio Music Awards and the Orange Bowl. Father and manager Joe Simpson said his daughter only needed help on SNL because her voice was thrashed by acid reflux.

There was no word if a flareup of the Pepcid AC disorder was in play Tuesday night.

In a bit of bad timing, tickets went on sale Wednesday for Simpson live shows in Boston, Philadelphia and Nashville. Nick Lachey (news)'s dark-haired sister-in-law is hitting the road, starting Feb. 18.

The tour coincides with the second-season launch of her probing MTV series and cross-promotional vehicle, The Ashlee Simpson Show.

In a bit of good news for the besieged pop star, meanwhile, ratings for the Orange Bowl were the second-lowest ever since college football began hosting championship games in 1999.

Still, the contest--featuring a 55-19 blowout win for Southern California over Oklahoma---averaged 21.4 million viewers, making it the most-watched prime-time show of the night.

And Ashlee Simpson the least popular prime-time singer of the night.

stories and more storiesCollapse )

• Current Music
    beach boys-surfing usa

(no subject)

Eminem (news - web sites) rung in the new year by ringing it up at the cash registers.

• News: An encore for Eminem's Encore
• News: Grammy nominations
• E! Online's Top 20 CDs of 2004

E! Online Photo

The rapper's Encore began 2005 where it left 2004--topping the album sales chart. Encore sold nearly 198,000 copies for the week ended Sunday, according to Nielsen SoundScan data released today.

This is the second time Eminem has stared a year out on top. The Em-led 8 Mile soundtrack opened 2003 at number one.

Despite holding the top spot, Encore sales were down 232,000 copies from its Christmas week sales. With the holidays done, total sales fell from 14 million to 6 million. The overall slide shook up the Top 10, with two discs rising into the upper echelon. Lil Jon & the East Side Boyz's Crunk Juice jumped 12 spots to number three, while Tupac Shakur's Loyal to the Game moved up five spots to number eight.

The week's only new album, John Legend's Get Lifted, sold 115,000 to debut at number seven. The R&R singer's major label debut features several songs produced and cowritten by Kanye West, including the lead single "Used to Love U."

The rest of the Top 10 consisted of Day's American Idiot at two, Jay-Z and Linkin Park's Collision Course at four, Ludacris' Red Light District at five, Usher's Confessions at six, Now That's What I Call Music! 17 at nine and Destiny's Child's Destiny Fulfilled in the 10 spot.

With the expected post-holiday drop, only 12 albums on the entire chart experienced a sales gain. Leading the way were The Phantom of the Opera soundtrack up 60 spots and 3,000 copies at 44, and Snow Patrol's Final Straw up 101 spots and 2,500 copies at 91. With Garden State coming out on DVD last week, the film's alt-rock-laden soundtrack also benefited, with an 82-spot jump to 51 and an additional 8,500 copies sold.

The week's big loser: Clay Aiken (news)'s Merry Christmas with Love, which fell 111 spots to number 149, down from 102,000 copies to a mere 12,000. Now that's not a lot of love.

Here's a recap of last week's top-selling albums:

1. Encore, Eminem
2. American Idiot, Green Day
3. Crunk Juice, Lil Jon & the East Side Boyz
4. Collision Course, Jay-Z and Linkin Park
5. Red Light District, Ludacris
6. Confessions, Usher
7. Get Lifted, John Legend
8. Loyal to the Game, 2Pac
9. Now That's What I Call Music! 17, various
10. Destiny Fulfilled, Destiny's Child

page on ashlee simpson

http://www.lipsync.us/
that link should have the ashlee simpson video clip, not really sure tho, has other good things on it
DAMN THE FIRE MISSED HIM:

POMPANO BEACH, Fla. - Teen pop singer Aaron Carter (news) hit a mattress early Thursday on Florida's Turnpike with his SUV, which then lit on fire, according to the Florida Highway Patrol. No one was seriously injured.

Carter, 17, was driving his 2004 Cadillac Escalade north to Orlando at about 12:30 a.m. when a mattress came loose from the cargo bed of a delivery truck in front of him, said his spokesman, Brad Zeifma.

Carter drove over the mattress, which got stuck under the sport utility vehicle and caught fire, probably from the heat of the exhaust system.

The singer pulled over and escaped the vehicle, then watched it explode in flames, Zeifma said. A friend traveling with him also escaped.

Carter and his friend were treated at the scene.

"Everything happened in such a whirlwind," Carter said. "It was like the mattress flew out of nowhere. You think you're invincible when you're behind the steering wheel of an SUV but you're not. I'm OK but you can imagine I'm still in shock."

Carter, the younger brother of Backstreet Boy Nick Carter (news), arrived in Orlando for the shooting of the cover of his next, "Saturday Night," due out in March, Zeifma said.

State troopers said the delivery truck never stopped.
THE DOORS
Danny Sugerman, longtime manager of the Doors and the principal caretaker of the Los Angeles band's legend, died Wednesday in West Hollywood after a long battle with cancer. He was 50.

(no subject)

Britney's Not the Retiring Type Less than three months after announcing she was taking a break from her tabloid-tracked career, the pop star says what she meant was she was "taking a break from being told what to do."

LOS ANGELES - She's been surrounded by celebrity just about all of her life, but Jamie Lynn Spears would have you believe she's just another Louisiana teenager blown away by the fact she gets to travel to Los Angeles from time to time to make TV shows, where they sometimes let her keep the clothes she wears on set.

But then Britney Spears kid sister, still disarmingly polite and kid-like at 13, makes a pretty good case for her innocence when she recounts her reaction to learning she would be starring in her own TV show this year.

"I thought, 'Oh my gosh, that would be so cool!'" she recalls thinking when veteran TV producer Dan Schneider told her one day over lunch that he wanted to take her out of the ensemble cast of the children's variety show "All That" and put her in the spotlight.

"So we started talking about stuff and we came up with all of these — all of these ideas — and he wrote something," says Spears, still sounding fascinated by the process.

The result, "Zoey 101," debuts Sunday at 8 p.m. on the Nickelodeon children's network. The sitcom stars Spears as Zoey Brooks, a student at Pacific Coast Academy, a campus that until her arrival and that of a handful of other girls had been an exclusive all-boys boarding school.

Zoey, not to be intimidated by her swaggering, macho 13-year-old male counterparts, quickly begins to take charge, something Spears herself doubts she would be as eager to do in real life.

"Zoey's kind of like a leader," she reflects. "I guess I could say I lead in some ways, but Zoey is so good at that. I'm a little more shy than Zoey, I'd say."

The two are alike in some ways, adds Spears, whose Southern accent is far more noticeable in conversation than Zoey's is in front of the camera. Like Zoey, pink is her favorite color, and she loves wearing the same clothes as her character.

"All her clothes, I'm like, 'Can I have 'em?" she says, laughing.

The youngest Spears has never been far from show business. By the time she was walking, Britney Spears had made her debut on TV's "The New Mickey Mouse Club." She was just 8 when Britney's first album came out in 1999.

As for her shyness, if it's born out of being the youngest of three children, Spears insists she wouldn't have it any other way.

"I was always mom and daddy's little baby," she giggles. "I was spoiled the most."

After going through what she calls her "tomboy stage," she became interested in acting and began appearing in local plays. Her mother, seeing the interest, helped her land a commercial and a small role in her sister's film "Crossroads."

Then Nickelodeon came calling, asking her to audition for "All That," the long-running variety show that, like "Saturday Night Live," changes ensemble casts every few years. Its alumni include Amanda Bynes and Nick Cannon, who went on to star in films and their own TV shows, as well as "Fat Albert" star Kenan Thompson, who is also in the current cast of NBC's "Saturday Night Live."

Schneider, the executive producer of "All That," says it took only two seasons for Spears to become the show's breakout star.

She had won her spot in the cast when, as a gangly 11-year-old, she did an over-the-top impression of an 84-year-old bodyguard who pitches people out of windows and attacks them with leaf blowers. She had based the character on her great-grandmother.

"Based on her audition, I would have added her to the cast of 'All That' even if she had not been a Spears," says Schneider, adding the secret to her success both as an actress and a person seems to rest in the fact she doesn't realize she's beautiful, famous and talented.

"The net result is you have this real girl talking to you, sort of like the girl next door," he says.

"Zoey 101," meanwhile, marks the first time Schneider has gone on location to film a TV show. It takes place at Pepperdine University, and the Malibu campus, with its palm trees and stunning hilltop views of the sun-dappled Pacific Ocean, dominates the show almost as much Spears' Zoey does.

The Kentwood, La., teenager has taken advantage of that, ferrying some of her school chums to California to visit the set.

"They just love the show," she says. "They pick on me, of course. They say (in a teasing voice), "Ah ha, ha, you're so funny,' and like that, because that's what friends do. But they love whenever I go to L.A. to do the show because they get to come up and visit and they get to be extras in the background."

Her sister also got involved in putting the show together, writing its theme song, "Follow Me," which the younger Spears sings.

"Yes sir, she wrote it and I changed a few little words here and there. But she helped me a lot," says Spears, who bears a striking resemblance to her 23-year-old sister. She doesn't know yet if Britney will make a guest appearance on the show, but adds it would be "really cool" if she did.

As for her own future, the youngest Spears (she also has an older brother) is hoping "Zoey" does well enough to stay on the air for a few seasons. After that she'd like to look into making movies and attending college.

"I want to go to Louisiana State University. If I can," she says shyly.

What she'll study is still up in the air.

"Oh, goodness, I don't know," she says, momentarily flustered. "I just want to go to college. When I get older, I'll start thinking what I want to do."

Country music fans continue to be a fickle bunch. Country sales were up 12 percent last year, with three albums among the year's overall top sellers — a good year on Music Row,Country music notched sales of 77.9 million total units in 2004, marking a 12% increase over 2003, according to figures compiled by Nielsen SoundScan and released by the Nashville-based Country Music Assn.