1. Name: Afshawn
2. Age: 15
3. Location: California
4. Gender: female
5. Sexual orientation: straight
6. Make a list of all the bands you listen to. The more you put, the easier it is for us to see your tastes: Incubus, Brand New, blink 182, Death Cab for Cutie, Northstar, The Starting Line, The Get Up Kids, Sublime, The Mars Volta, Queen, The Early November, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Jimmy Eat World, Moshi Moshi, Brea, ODF, Novice, Lizzy Ritti and the Knu Skools, Atmosphere, The Cure, Jenoah, Thursday, My Chemical Romance, Hellogoodbye, Halifax, Thrice, Rufio, Copeland, Say Anything, Kanye West, Modest Mouse, Head Automatica, Melee, Midtown, Kneehigh, The Postal Service, Ben Gibbard, Mathcbook Romance, Rory, Home Grown, Rx Bandits, Paint by Numbers, Wester, Weezer, The Gamits, Something Corporate, Finch, John Mayer, Taking Back Sunday, Senses Fail, The Strokes, The Ramones, Coheed and Cambria, The Clash, The Ramones, The Velvet Underground, The Spill Canvas, Allister, A Static Lullaby, MxPX, Phantom PLanet, Boxcar Racer, AFI, The Format, The Used, Green Day, A New Found Glory, The Movielife, Ben Folds Fice, Straylight Run, 311, The OC Mix CDs, Sparta, Underoath, Nancy Sinatra's "Bang Bang", Motion City Soundtrack, Jay Z, Seals and Croft's "Summer Breeze", Alicia Keys, Sugarcult, From First to Last, No Doubt, Sherwood, Victory Within, The Stills, The Shins, I Can Make a Mess Like Nobody's Business, Spitalfield, The Beatles, Fenix TX, The Donnas, The Killers, Secret Machines, South of Shaw, As Night Falls, The Ataris, Dashboard Confessionals, Fall Out Boy, Franz Ferdinand, Glassjaw, Goldfinger...and I am always open to more
7. Favorite band: Incubus
8. Favorite CD: "Make Yourself" by Incubus or "Deja Entendu" by Brand New
9. Favorite lyric: "Don't let the world bring you down, not everyone here is that fucked up and cold, remember why you are here and while you're alive, experience the warmth before you go." Incubus
10. Favorite Book: A 3 Way Tie: The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky, A Yellow Raft in Blue Water by Micheal Dorris, Kaffir Boy by Mark Mathabane
11. Favorite Movie: Ocean's 11 & The Lord of the Rings
12. Talk about your favorite concert you've been to: Incubus/Sparta. I bought 2 tickets for my brother for his birthday and he took me instead of taking a friend, so that automatically made it so much better, and then when we got there, Incubus was so amazing live, I was just in awe, and I am more in love with that band than ever before.
13. List some concerts you've been to: Only 3 major ones, my mom doesn't like me going to concerts: No Doubt/Blink 182/Phantom Planet, Incubus/Sparta, and Warped Tour, then lots of local ones
14. Are you active in the local scene?: Yes, or atleast I try to be
15. Gay marriage: I think if two people love each other, they should be able to show it by getting married. It shouldn't matter if they are of the same gender or not. I think the fact that they are trying to make an amendment to the Constitution is so stupid and uncalled for. Nobody should tell another person who they can marry/love.
16. Abortion: Being a female, I am pro-choice. If a women gets raped or molested and ends up pregnant, they shouldn't have to live with that because somebody else made a bad choice.
17. Bush: Personally, I don't like the guy. He has started an un needed war with Iraq, and is probably going to start another un needed one with Iran. I don't like laws he is trying to pass and I don't like his social security idea. But I do have to give credit to him. After 9-11 he really brought the country together. He's also a good leader in the sense that while half the country is hating him, he still can stick to his ideals and try to lead.
18. What does "emo" mean to you?: I think it means just being in touch with your emotions and having some way to express them. Whether it's by song, poem, art work, whatever.
19. "CSI": Oh man I love this show. It really get's my brain working because I try to slove the cases along with the CSIs. And I have learned so much from this show that I have never learned in a science class, and I think I have become more observant when it comes to certain things.
20. "Seinfeld": Hah, I love this show too. My brother got me into watching this show, and its great. While the show has no plot, it's about "nothing", it is still so humorous. For example, the episode "The Chinese Resturant", the gang is waiting for a table at a resturant, they end up waiting half an hour and then leave cause they are going to be late for their movie. The second they leave their name is called. How many people have gone through that same thing? I think it's a really good show.
21. What does love mean to you? It's something you feel and something you know when it happens. It's knowing you'd do anything for that person no matter the outcome or the situation. It's feeling a certain bond with someone and knowing that through thick and thin you will always be there for them.
22. Why do you think we said Music Is Love? Because music is always there for you. When times are going bad, you can put on a certain cd and it will make you feel better. When times are going good, you can put on a certain cd and you stay happy. It helps you relive memories that you love.
23. Make us laugh: No offense to any blondes:
A blonde is sick of being made fun of, so she dyes her hair brown. A couple of days later she is driving around the countryside and passes a flock of sheep. She asks the shepherd "If I can guess how many sheep you have, may I take one?"
The shepherd knows the lady won't be able to guess correctly, so he says "Of course."
The blonde thinks, and for no real reason says "352"
This being the right number, the shepherd is amazed and says "Wow! You're right, take your pick."
So the blonde looks around and finally picks one that was way cuter and playful than the rest.
When she finished, the shepherd said to her "Now I have a deal for you, if I can guess your true hair color, can I have my dog back?"
24. Why should we accept you? Because I am open to lots of different kinds of music and I am a very enjoyable person. Music is big part of my life, and to be able to share that love with others will be awesome.
25. Promote us to another community, and provide a link: http://www.livejournal.com/community/_life_is_a_song/10527496.html
And finally, if you have a pic of your self post it please...
Me and my bro, sorry it's huge