• Music:

Musicislove

Basic information:

1. Name:
Jac(lyn)
2. Age:18
3. Location:Hamilton/Toronto, Ontario, Canada
4. Gender:Female
5. Sexual orientation:I hate to label myself, but I do like the opposite sex.

MUSIC:

6. Make a list of all the bands you listen to. The more you put, the easier it is for us to see your tastes:
I can give you a taste of the bands I have from my playlist... 3 Doors Down, A Static Lullaby, Anberlin, Armor For Sleep, The Ataris, Atreyu, The Beatles, The Bee Gees, Ben Folds, Blindside, Boys Night Out, Bright Eyes, Cauterize, Coheed and Cambria, Converge, Dallas Green, Dashboard Confessional, Dave Matthews Band, The Doors, The Early November, Eric Clapton, Evanescence, Fall Out Boy, Finch, Funeral For A Friend, Gatsby's American Dream, Goo Goo Dolls, Greenday, Head Automatica, Incubus, Jimmy Eat World, John Mayer, The Juliana Theory, The Killers, The Mars Volta, MC Hammer, Michael Jackson, New Found Glory, Our Lady Peace, Pink Floyd, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Savage Garden, Saves The Day, Senses Fail, Smashing Pumpkins, The Spill Canvas, Sublime, Sugarcult, Tom Petty, Unwritten Law, Verve Pipe, With Broken Wings, Yes
7. Favorite band: I honestly cannot pick just one
8. Favorite CD: right now? I am enjoying 'Decadence' by Head Automatica
9. Favorite lyric: 'for the life of me, I cannot remember, what made us think that we were wise and we'd never compromise'
10. Favorite Book: Reading Lolita in Tehran
11. Favorite Movie: Amélie
12. Talk about your favorite concert you've been to: Haha. Please do not shoot me for this one. When I was in grade 6, my two best friends and I went to the O-town concert (remember that band from the show 'Making The Band'?) So anyways, we went to the concert and had the most amazing time ever. We were all in love with the band and had our signs, that together, read "O-TOWN GET NAKED!". Yes, we were young and naive, but I cannot remember a time when I laughed so much, and enjoyed the company of my friends more than I did on that July day :)
13. List some concerts you've been to:Backstreet Boys, O-town, Mariah Carey, Our Lady Peace, Taking Back Sunday, Coheed and Cambria, Northstar/Straylight Run, Dashboard Confessional, New Found Glory, Blink 182/Greenday, Evanescence, John Mayer/Maroon 5.
14. Are you active in the local scene?: I am at University right now in Hamilton which doesn't have much of a 'scene'. There is pretty much one venue that hosts bands and if we are lucky some decent bands come right to our University.

Opinions:

15. Gay marriage:
Without heavily getting into my views on this. Marriage is love. (Canada is in the process of debating whether or not the bill allowing gay marriages should pass)
16. Abortion: Even though I say that I am pro-choice, when I put myself in the situation, I do not think that I, personally, would be able to go through with the abortion. With that said, I mainly have problems with women that use abortion as a form of birth control.
17. Bush: Not my president. Even though I am quite informed about politics in my own country, it has been too much effort to really follow with everything Bush does. Besides, living without a TV has really cut me off from knowing about the politics that I don't read about in the newspaper.
18. What does "emo" mean to you?: Emo is a town in Ontario, Canada. It is also short for the word "emotional". I do not understand nor like it when used to describe a person or a genre of music.
19. "CSI": is a pretty kickass show that I wish I could watch more often.
20. "Seinfeld": is one of the most amazing shows ever. I have a few of the seasons on DVD, and the bonus features are a laugh and a half!
21. What does love mean to you? I don't really know, well at least not in the romantic sense. I love my family and I love my friends. Love is something that I cannot explain.
22. Why do you think we said Music Is Love? because music really is love. We turn to it as though we would turn to a significant other/a family member/or a friend whenever we need to. Sometimes that favourite song can make a huge difference.

Random:

23. Make us laugh:
Men are on this planet because vibrators can't buy drinks!!
24. Why should we accept you? I am very open-minded when it comes to music and it seems fun :)
25. Promote us to another community, and provide a link: I am not in any communities that allow promotions...So I promoted in my journal... www.livejournal.com/users/_danceonthemoon

And finally, if you have a pic of your self post it please...

Subscribe
  • Post a new comment

Error

Comments allowed for members only

Anonymous comments are disabled in this journal

default userpic

Your reply will be screened

Your IP address will be recorded 

• 16 comments