Lyrics, one of the oldest forms of expression known to man, are poetry written to the beat of a drum. Often, they come equipped with subtle pieces of advice, that even the musically disinclined can appreciate. For some, lyrics to a favorite song is the only thing that gets them through the day. For others, a lyric one-liner can be inspiration for something much greater. No matter who you are, where you're from, or what sort of music you like, you can find some way to appreciate, and even use lyrics in your everyday life.
Remember, this is your community, too. If you have an idea or suggestion, please let the maintainers know.
1. Don't post lyrics with TyPiNg LiKe tHiS or with shortened words such as "u" instead of "you" or "r" instead of "are". Type them as grammatically correct as possible. No one likes to have to decipher something you post.
2. If you are just posting lyric quotes and have over 10, put them behind an LJ-cut. Also, if you have alot of lyric quotes in a post (over 25) or alot of full songs in a post (over 3) please put them in seperate posts. Many people have short attention spans.
Code for Lj-Cut:
3. Do not promote another community unless you have already emailed the maintainer and she has said that you can promote. If you do this twice, you will be banned.
4. Only post entries containing lyrics or lyric quotes in some fashion. Lyrics don't necessarily have to be typed, they can be in a banner or some sort of graphic.
5. There must be at least one full song or lyric quote in each post. Although requests are accepted and even encouraged, you must have some lyrics in your post.
6. When posting lyrics, you must give credit by stating the artist and song title somewhere in the post-not just on the lj-cut.
7. If you're new, you can fill out this survey to introduce yourself to __lyricsxwhore. There are lyrics-built in (you're going to have to put them in there but there are questions that involve putting lyrics) so you don't have to post lyrics along with the survey.
Things To Know When Filling Out The Survey:
-When posting the survey, do not use rich text. If you post your survey in rich text mode, it will come up as a bunch of indecipherable mumbo jumbo -When you fill out the "Your Favorite Lyrics" part, make sure to include the song title and artist.
8. Retired Songs: When a song is retired, it means that it's been posted umpteen billion times and we dont want to see it anymore (I suppose that's a tad harsh, but that's why we made this 'retired song' thing). The only exception is if you're doing a shuffle and one of the retired songs pops up, then it may be posted (but you need to indicate that your post is a shuffle). The retired songs are posted in the sidebar on the __lyricsxwhore layout, so nobody can say that they didn't see them.
9. Birthday Database: If you are a new member (or an old member who just hasn't done it yet), please enter your birthday into our __LxW Birthday Database.