?

No account? Create an account

24 November 2008 @ 09:46 am
Shauna's November Faves  
Photobucket

I love this time of year. When it starts to get colder (at least here), and the holidays are just around the corner, but not close enough to induce panic. :) The weather is not so cold that you can't bear to go outside, but it is cold enough to don your scarf and coat and take a brisk walk, or cozy up with some hot chocolate and a good book.

Photobucket
Music
The Reign of Kindo. These guys are great. It's rock with jazz influences. They sound similar to Keane (or so my husband says). I'm really into "mellow music", so I've been listening to this album on repeat for a while.

Photobucket
Movie
Miracle on 34th St. I know you're thinking it's too early for Christmas, but this is a family tradition! When I was growing up, my parents and I would wake up early for the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade, and when it was over we'd put in this movie. Since I can't be with them for Thanksgiving, I'll be calling my dad while we watch "together". :)

Photobucket
Book
Lock and Key by Sarah Dessen. This was my first time reading a Sarah Dessen novel, and I really loved it. This is a great story about a girl who's life gets turned upside down and she has to pick up the pieces and figure out who she wants to be. It's a great story, and I loved it!

PhotobucketPhotobucket
Apparel/Accessories
Socks! I love love love the socks from Sock Dreams. They are super comfortable and soft and warm! I love the over-the-knee socks, which can be bunched down or pulled up. The socks come in all lengths, colors and materials and they also have arm warmers, leg warmers, slipper socks. I have 4 pairs of socks, a pair of slipper socks and some arm warmers, and I love all of them! My husband also loves his Sock Dreams socks!

Photobucket
Website
Picnik.com is my favorite photo editing website ever! It's completely free, and you don't have to download or install anything. It's also REALLY easy to use, which is a bonus for me! I've been using it to edit all my photos lately, and I love how they turn out. It's really great!

Photobucket
Recipe
Pumpkin Cheesecake. It's my two desert loves put together to make something amazing! This recipe is my favorite, especially with the gingersnap cookie crust. It's fantastic!

Photobucket
Etsy Shop
Groovy Lids. I love etsy. I love supporting people who have talents I could only dream of having. This month I bought a Groovy Lid for my brother for Christmas. I wanted a custom lid and they were fantastic. I gave them an idea of what I wanted, and they gave me a few choices. They're also really affordable at under $20 (under $10 if you get a decal). They are also completely removable, so if you decide you don't want it anymore, you don't have to worry about gross gunk stuck to your laptop.

Current Mood: chipperchipper

jazzercat on November 24th, 2008 03:32 pm (UTC)
I loooove the brown groovy lid in the picture. I just might get one. ^_^
perfectinpart on November 24th, 2008 04:35 pm (UTC)
They have a lot of really cute ones. And they're really good quality! :)
Jen: stock | egg nogciider on November 24th, 2008 06:42 pm (UTC)
This is an awesome list, friend :)
perfectinpart on November 24th, 2008 08:50 pm (UTC)
Thanks! ♥
Laceymae: coffee (pink cup and heart)leauxx on November 24th, 2008 07:05 pm (UTC)
piknic is really cool.
thanks for the suggestion
perfectinpart on November 24th, 2008 08:50 pm (UTC)
No problem! I love it. :)
(Deleted comment)
perfectinpart on November 24th, 2008 10:12 pm (UTC)
I am so photoshop illiterate! Picnik is really easy for me to use, and I love that it's free!
hotpick on November 24th, 2008 09:22 pm (UTC)
I put picnik in my favorites. Thanks! :)
Amanda Nicoledixiechick61688 on November 25th, 2008 01:29 am (UTC)
I looove that Sarah Dessen book. It's my favorite one of hers. :)
golightly_1983 on November 25th, 2008 02:05 am (UTC)
mmmm pumpkin cheescake♥ that looks so Yummy!!
sunday_best on November 25th, 2008 02:56 am (UTC)
Mmm, pumpkin cheesecake! I had some when I went away on weekend last month and it was heavenly.

Thanks for telling me about picnik.com again! It comes in handy when you want to add the special touch to your photos.
hello_blondie on November 25th, 2008 04:18 am (UTC)
Yessss knit knee-socks!

My Dad has a pumpkin cheesecake milkshake and flurry at his restaurants this time of year and it is AMAZING!!!
lefurylefury on November 26th, 2008 11:58 pm (UTC)
picnik is so addicting, i removed it from facebook so i wouldn't procrastinate all the time haha