?

No account? Create an account

28 September 2008 @ 11:52 pm
Heroes 3.01 & 3.02 Discussion Post  
Notes: Firstly, apologies for the lateness of this post and a lack of episode summary.. first I was in London and then I was sick in bed for a few days. But I'm all better now, and ready to resume normal posting! Secondly, apologies for no graphic, Photoshop is being a bitch to me tonight :( So, graphic and summary will be edited in asap. Thirdly, I'm in the UK so I have to wait for these eps to be put online, so please excuse the posts being a little late. Would people prefer it if I put up a post for discussion and then edited in my summary later, or just wait until I've seen the episode to post?

Heroes Season 3, Episodes 1 & 2 Discussion Post

Episode 1 - The Second Coming
Episode 2 - The Butterfly Effect
Aired Monday 22 September 2008 on NBC

A 2 hour introduction to the third season of the superhero drama that's filled with plot twists a plenty.. but has it managed to restore that season 1 magic?

+ Most people were disappointed with the second series, but does the third seem on its way to redeeming itself?

+ What do you think of the new character Daphne Millbrook, the 'Speedster'?

+ Thoughts on Mohinder's decision to inject himself, and his new power?

+ What's the deal with Sylar and Mrs. Petrelli?

+ What do you hope to see as the season progresses?

perfectinpart on September 28th, 2008 11:23 pm (UTC)
I think I already like this season better than season 2, but we'll see how it progresses. It's hard to really judge the season this early on, mainly because they have just introduced a slew of new characters, and with this show the plot doesn't really reveal itself until the end of the season.

I like "Frenchie". I'm excited to see more of her and interaction with Hiro.

Mohinder is a disappointment. He was always a "good" character, and it seemed to be that way, but apparently his goal was only to find a way to make himself "special" which upset me. Also, the molting? EW!

It seems everyone can be a Petrelli. First Claire, now Sylar... it's very odd.

I loved Sylar when he was opening Claire's head and she asked if he was going to eat her brain and he says, "Claire, that's disgusting." I laughed so much, and thought that was brilliant, since everyone always assumed he was eating brains. :)
will you bring me your heart?: text | hotteramixedtape on September 29th, 2008 08:17 pm (UTC)
wait, since when is claire a petrelli?
:O
perfectinpart on September 29th, 2008 08:35 pm (UTC)
Since season 2!
She's Nathan's daughter... with that fire lady.
will you bring me your heart?amixedtape on September 29th, 2008 08:48 pm (UTC)
OH REALLY?
i did not know this.
wait but doesn't peter and claire love each other?
perfectinpart on September 29th, 2008 08:49 pm (UTC)
Yeah, but they can never be together like "that" because they're related. Heh.
will you bring me your heart?amixedtape on September 29th, 2008 08:50 pm (UTC)
haha, i see.
★Cara★fathomthis on September 30th, 2008 11:21 pm (UTC)
Yeah Mohinder's whole storyline in this episode kind of threw me! It was like a sudden change from S2. And then him and Maya?! Although who could say no to him ;)

Haha I laughed at that bit too!! Best line of the episode :D
<3: SS: Keeps getting betterseptembers_song on September 28th, 2008 11:42 pm (UTC)
I didn't hate S2 but S1 was obviously better. I think S2 lacked a lot of things that I hope to see in S3. I am dissapointed that KBell won't be in the show anymore. I just hope they spice things up.
Alexandra: alexis-cutesweaterdingastar on September 28th, 2008 11:57 pm (UTC)
is she definitely not going to be in the show anymore?
<3: Meredith: Dark & Twistyseptembers_song on September 29th, 2008 04:00 pm (UTC)
Not that I am aware of. i heard she wasn't going to be and on the last episode it said "Special Guest Star: Kristen Bell"
Alexandradingastar on September 29th, 2008 06:56 pm (UTC)
aww :(
Kristinadanceprincess20 on September 30th, 2008 10:48 pm (UTC)
She still has a few more left (She's supposed to do 5 total and she's only been in 1)! :)
Alexandradingastar on September 30th, 2008 11:25 pm (UTC)
yay :)
амиоон ~: Fun Sizebreseis_87 on September 29th, 2008 05:54 am (UTC)
OMG she won't be in it anymore ??
<3: OC: Tripping over everythingyou sayseptembers_song on September 29th, 2008 04:00 pm (UTC)
Not that I am aware of. i heard she wasn't going to be and on the last episode it said "Special Guest Star: Kristen Bell"
Kristinadanceprincess20 on September 30th, 2008 10:48 pm (UTC)
She still has a few more left (She's supposed to do 5 total and she's only been in 1)! :)
Kristinadanceprincess20 on September 30th, 2008 10:47 pm (UTC)
★Cara★fathomthis on September 30th, 2008 11:19 pm (UTC)
I didn't hate S2 either, but it definitely wasn't up to S1 standards. I'm gutted about Kristen Bell, I adored her character. But I suppose you never know with characters on this show..! So I'll keep hoping to see her again :]
will you bring me your heart?: tjb | b&wamixedtape on September 29th, 2008 10:16 pm (UTC)
what ever happened to claire's "boyfriend" west?
i forget.
Kristinadanceprincess20 on September 30th, 2008 10:47 pm (UTC)
Nothing. lol They said they just stopped because the reaction to it was bad.
will you bring me your heart?amixedtape on September 30th, 2008 10:49 pm (UTC)
oh.
what reaction?
Kristinadanceprincess20 on September 30th, 2008 11:09 pm (UTC)
Just that people didn't like it. That's also why the Monica storyline wrapped up so quick and part of the reason we will probably never see Caitlyn again.
★Cara★fathomthis on September 30th, 2008 11:20 pm (UTC)
In those respects, I'm glad they listened to the fans!
Kristinadanceprincess20 on September 30th, 2008 11:33 pm (UTC)
Yeah, a lot of people were really upset about how last season went down and that's a big part of the reason they didn't come back after the strike.
will you bring me your heart?amixedtape on October 1st, 2008 01:06 am (UTC)
oh whatever happened to monica?
and who is caitlin again?

i forgot everything since they took so long to come back.
Kristinadanceprincess20 on October 1st, 2008 01:24 am (UTC)
They haven't really explained what happened with Monica (or Micah). It seems to be that they just killed Niki/Jessica and we won't really see that anymore (but I am not sure of that).

Caitlin was the girl Peter was hooking up with in Ireland. He lost her in the future in which the virus spread. Last season was going to end with the virus being released (and her character would have been revisited) but because of the strike that cut that stuff out. Tim Kring (the creator) has said he's not sure whether we'll see Caitlin again.
will you bring me your heart?amixedtape on October 1st, 2008 01:39 am (UTC)
oh yeah i remember now.
i just thought i missed an episode because they left it ~unfinished.