Wizarding Wireless Network (_wwn_) wrote in __lightning__,
Wizarding Wireless Network
_wwn_
__lightning__

WWN ~ Noon News Update ~ Mourning Lost Innocence

Mourning Lost Innocence
Friday, February 24th ~ Noon

An advertisement for The Phoenix ended and a female voice in the background comes through.

"With all the crap going on around here lately I think I'll sign up for some classes."

"I doubt you'll find the professor's arse on any exams. You wouldn't be going there to learn, you'd be going there to ogle, harass and dig for dirt, Rita."

"Ezekiel Brunderbluss here with your noon news update."

A rustle of paper is heard before Rita's dulcet tones can be heard again.

"And your point is? It got me through Hogwarts, didn't it?"

"You have absolutely no shame do you?"

"It's very liberating, would you like me to teach you?"

"Someone get her the hell out of here. Rita, back off! Remember our discussion on personal space?"

"Well, if you'd hold still I'm trying to explore yours."

"Horace!"

A scuffling sound is heard before the distinct click of a lock and a small sigh of relief.

"Sorry, ladies and gentlemen. We had a brief breakdown in communications with our broadcasting tower, which has been corrected and now - on with your noon news update.

"Many of you attended the memorial service for Thadeus Harper and Maria Rufford two days ago, the Hogwarts students allegedly attacked by an undisclosed animal Sunday evening in the Forbidden Forest. What they were doing in the forest hasn't been determined at this time. We do know that Aurors are doing their utmost to find answers to these and other questions still unanswered.

"The primary question in my mind: Why were the bodies moved if only an animal was involved? Aurors are being extremely closed mouthed about this aspect of the investigation and the only bit of confirmation we've received is that the bodies were indeed moved to the Quidditch Pitch at Hogwarts.

"This brings a host of other questions to my mind and others here at WWN. If an animal did indeed chance upon these two youngsters, bringing their lives to a tragic end, why would the person or persons who found them move their bodies to Hogwarts, disrupting the scene rather than immediately reporting their location? Could it be someone not wanting attention brought to themselves, but yet felt the bodies deserved a proper burial? Someone who had cause to fear contact by the Aurors?

"If anyone in our listening audience has any information that could assist in the investigation, they are urged to make contact with an Auror or the Ministry as soon as possible. We have been assured that anonymity will be preserved when at all possible. The WWN plans to follow this tragic turn of events closely and will provide updates as they occur."

Another rustle of paper sounds and Zeke can be heard muttering in the background.

"Good gods, she's crying. Was all that before to keep from thinking about the students? I didn't think she had a heart. I guess I shouldn't be so hard on her."

"As always ladies and gentlemen WWN is always interested in the comments and concerns of our listeners. If you have one, please contact us by owl or floo. We appreciate the interest shown and will respond as soon as possible. The Wizarding Wireless Network now returns you to our regularly scheduled programing."
Tags: bill_weasley, broadcasts, firenze, hagrid, harry_potter, hermione_granger, izabel_sinistra, mature_audiences, minerva_mcgonagall, remus_lupin, severus_snape, the_watcher, vera_vector, viktor_krum
Subscribe
  • Post a new comment

Error

Comments allowed for members only

Anonymous comments are disabled in this journal

default userpic
  • 0 comments