?

No account? Create an account
Recent Entries Friends Archive Profile Tags Memories

If you carry your childhood with you, you never become older.
- Abraham Sutzkever
Saturday, May 5th ~ Afternoon

Roger grabbed a bottle of ale and set the broom he had just dismounted carefully aside. Looking around he couldn't keep the grin off his face. Some friends, a picnic, a few rounds of Quidditch, and a cold ale to drink - there was no better way to celebrate your birthday in his opinion.

And the best was yet to come.

Roger made his way over to Vera, thinking of the surprise he had enlisted the house elves help in setting up back in his quarters. Roger couldn't stop smiling as he plopped down next to his - hopefully - future wife and gave her a kiss.

"And what have you been up to?"

What had she been doing? Gossiping with Daphne about what they'd done on his actual birthday and about where Remus and Izabel could be and everything else under the sun, of course.

Which had taken a turn onto the topic of inappropriate baby names and then to something that had taken Vector completely by surprise.

"Oh, nothing."

Vera sniffed and smiled broadly at Daphne again before taking Roger's hand.

"I just found out I'm going to be a godmother."
"Hmm? You-" Roger looked between Vera and Daphne a few times before he started laughing. "Congratulations!"

Harry certainly didn't waste any time did he?

Good. Keep him clucking over his own wife and his hands away from Vera.

This day just gets better and better.

"So when are you due?"
Tonks swooped down to the drinks table to pick up more ammunition bottles. Since this shindig was outside and all, everyone'd agreed to the new rules. Davies had come through with the Charms, and Tonks didn't know who'd come through with the ale, but whoever it was, she owed them a round or two at this point.

"Hey, Jailbait, you want one?" Tonks thought she'd better ask before tossing bottles willy-nilly. The guys on the brooms wouldn't get much of a warning, but since Colin was on the ground and all, he got more consideration.
About to say thanks, but no thanks because he wasn't a drinker by nature, Colin changed his mind.

Everyone else seemed to be enjoying themselves, and it was rather dull being a stick in the mud.

"Sure."

He caught the bottle and opened it, cautiously taking his first sip. "Tastes rather different than butterbeer, doesn't it?"
Things never worked out as easy as they did in one's mind Charlie decided. His couple of days away had turned into a couple of weeks, weeks with no communication with anyone save one half blind dragon and several dragons that weren't too keen on welcoming an interloper.

With the money he'd saved from his moonlighting, Charlie had finally convinced MacFusty to take Chauncy with the stipulation, and a good chunk of gold, that Charlie stay and integrate the young dragon into the group. The old man's owl had came at the right time, Chauncy having grown so large that he'd demolished the shack to the point it was growing more and more impossible to keep him hidden.

With a hurriedly scribbled note to Bill that he'd be back when he got back and to tell Arthur, Charlie had taken Chauncy to the Hebrides Islands, the tedious task of getting the other dragons to accept taking much longer than expected.

Charlie had arrived back only this morning, anxious to get in touch with the one person that he should have left a note for; Anne, for he highly doubted Bill would have thought to tell her anything especially since they were so new to seeing each other.

Stopping by the Stix to let Arthur know he was still alive, his dad giving him that calm 'I'll know what you were on about sooner or later' look, Charlie had learned that Anne might have went to Roger's birthday picnic at the Phoenix.

He entered the grounds, spotting her immediately and hung back, not sure how upset she would be with him. Charlie wasn't sure if he would be pleased if she wasn't upset, because that meant she really didn't care and yet most women he knew when they were upset, well, it was a scary thing. At least if she was still talking to him, he could come clean and tell her about Chauncy.

Charlie gave Tonks a nod when he saw her as he approached Anne from her blind side. "Hey, beautiful," he said quietly.
"Well, hello there, Mr Weasley," Anne said with a social smile on her face. "How are you? It's been so long since I've seen you, I'm not surprised you've forgotten my name. It's Anne. Anne Perks."

She was going to enjoy this. Immensely.

"Bill, I know you know who Charlie is and Tonks too, but Colin? Have you met Charlie Weasley? I promise I won't pinch your tush while I introduce you and then I'd like to hear any updates on your special project at Hogwarts. Did you manage to lighten it at all or put those cushioning charms in place?"
Having been burned by a previous boyfriend, Anne wasn't ready to jump right back in the relationship tangle. Rolling her eyes, she tried to explain.

"You're not an arse and you're not losing anything. We're still friends and we can go out for pizza - dutch - anytime you want. One tumble in the sheets was all we had. Tell you what, Charlie. If you manage to actually see me more than once in say - a month - I'll consider you a very close friend and we'll see where it goes from there."

Taking a deep breath she added, "I'm making no promises either way."
Severus joined the festivities quietly, and without fuss. He wasn't there to mingle, so much as to reap a bit of vengeance. If Mister Creevey had done as he was told, excellent, if not Severus could still do his part to make Davis' birthday celebration entertaining.

For Severus, at least.

He watched the Quidditch game for a bit, and not that he would ever admit it, but he was enjoying himself. He'd played a little when he was younger, and kept up with the rules for those few occasions when someone needed to step in to referee for Hooch.

The quaffle came flying toward him, and old instincts kicked in. Severus caught the thing full in the chest with both arms and a grunt, and the knowledge that he'd regret that in the morning.

He gestured toward the birthday boy with the ball. "Looks like you misplaced something, Davies!"
Roger followed the path of the quaffle with his eyes, giving a grin as it was caught by bystander - Severus Snape, and that was a bit surprising. He'd been invited, of course, but he hadn't actually thought the man would attend. But then again, he aided and helped with the annual parties at Hogwarts... Roger shrugged.

"I think you all need to lay off the ale a bit if that's the best you can do," he called out to his teammates before rounding to retrieve the ball.

"Good catch," Roger grinned, hovering in front of Severus. "Why don't you grab a broom and join in?" In a much louder tone of voice he added, "This lot's getting to pissed to know which ways up!"
They'd spent most of the night awake, then were up at dawn in order to be ready to knock on the officiant's door.

The man's wife had served as their witness, sentimentally wiping her tears away with a kerchief and insisting they all share a glass of sherry in the parlour afterward.

Now, all Remus really wanted to do was retire to their rooms at Glen Hollow, charm the windows so it looked like some sort of honeymoon destination — Paris? The tropics? — and spend some time with his wife.

But they should probably let Harry and Daphne know of their presence, and they'd promised before to attend Roger's birthday, if briefly ... and even if no one but them knew it, Remus didn't mind showing off his beautiful bride just a bit.

He squeezed Izabel's hand.

"Ready to face the world, Mrs. Lupin?"
I always have been Mr Lupin, it just took you a little longer.

Giving him a smile and a return squeeze, Izabel nodded.

"Yes, but you may have to sit on me to keep me from blabbing to Vera."
Right about where the kissing turned to toe-stomping is where Tonks decided maybe the game was missing their very important help and they should go back to that, and tugged on Bill's arm.

They hovered on the edge of the field, and Tonks made a face.

"Looks like we're losing. Time to get back in there and show Harry what-for?"
"Oh yeah."

There was a tiny twinge for not helping his brother, but Chuckles was a big boy now and Anne looked feisty.

"Hey, Potter! You about ready to stop screwing around and actually play?"
Hovering not too far from the others, Harry was about to put his vote in for Tonks when movement from the far side of the school caught his eye. He squinted and then almost fell off his broom in shock.

"Fuck. What the hell is she - are they doing here?"

Narcissa Malfoy and Bellatrix Lestrange had apparently just joined the party.

"Slumming?"
Since she was going to be residing in Hogsmeade, Narcissa had instructed her elves and 'others' in her employ to keep a close tab on what was happening in and around the village. It never hurt to know exactly what was going on in case Lucius decided to pay a visit to the hamlet. When a report of a large gathering at The Phoenix was announced, she debated for quite some time about going.

I've never inspected it and since Draco does work there...

It hadn't taken much persuading to get Bella to accompany her and she'd sent a brief owl to Gregory Goyle asking if he'd like to attend the festivities as well. She was quite curious about the young man and found that he seemed to sit back and observe more than he spoke - which could come in quite useful in the days and weeks ahead.

Walking onto The Phoenix's grounds one of Narcissa's eyebrows rose and she turned to address her sister.

"I wonder if we should have bothered. There doesn't appear to be anything going on her other than the usual trough feeding."