Ah, the moon's too bright
The chain's too tight
The beast won't go to sleep
I've been running through these promises to you
That I made and I could not keep
Ah, but a man never got a woman back
Not by begging on his knees

Friday, May 4 • Evening

Before he'd popped down to Glen Hollow after his final afternoon class to pick up a very necessary component to tonight's plans, Lupin had asked one of the house-elves to tidy his quarters for a private dinner for himself and Professor Sinistra.

In retrospect, the need to repeat himself that while yes, it was a special occasion but no, it wasn't a secret from Izabel and the elf didn't need to worry about that should have tipped Remus off; he returned to a set of rooms transformed.

Instead of the comfortable mix of old books and scrolls, occasional DADA object and, a recent addition, samples of paint colors and cottage plans — his quarters could now be photographed for Witch Weekly.

Remus whistled lowly and inspected the table that had been set up in the main room. Impeccable white tablecloth he was nearly afraid to touch, sparkling tableware, crystal candlesticks he didn't remember having seen in the castle's collection before, but then who knew with house-elves.

He walked into the bedroom, and his amazement turned into laughter; there were even mints on the pillows. The elves had apparently done their able best to change his humble quarters into a high-end hotel suite.

It was more than Remus had requested, but he knew better than to argue with the results.

Family isn't about whose blood you have. It's about who you care about.
~ Trey Parker and Matt Stone
Friday, May 4th ~ Afternoon

After kissing Daphne good-bye that morning, Harry started out on the bike toward London. He was planning on turning to back over to Sirius, but he had to admit he was going to miss it. A lot. Therefore, he wasn't in a hurry to get there.

I'll have to get my own and then we can ride them together.

It was a beautiful day and he tooled along the various roads, stopping for lunch in the pub he stopped in once before. The barmaid remembered him, but this time all he had to do was show her his wedding band. She was still friendly, but not like last time.

Gods, Harry decided with a shake of his head. I'm turning into a stodgy old married man - and I love it.

Probably better not let Remus know. I'd never hear the end of it.

Later, pulling up in front of Grimmauld Place, he turned off the motor and merely sat outside looking at the house for a long time. Memories of when Sirius had first come into his life and the offer to live here with him...

Lestrange took care of that quickly enough, but it was still my fault in the long run.

How can I ever make it up to him?

Getting off the bike and parking it next to the front steps, he walked up and knocked on the door.

The first step to getting the things you want out of life is this: Decide what you want.
~ Ben Stein
Friday, May 4th ~ Morning

Since Lucius was absent for an extended period on business matters, there was really no hurry. However, having made her mind up, Narcissa wanted to be completely moved and established in her new home before he returned. Mostly because she didn't trust him. Narcissa had no doubt Lucius would take whatever steps he felt were necessary to keep her in their - his home and her skills with a wand were pitiful at best.

For that matter, what's to stop him from simply removing me from the penthouse and depositing me back here again? made a frown appear between her brows. Then and there she decided to ask Draco and Severus for assistance in setting up proper deterrents against that possibility. It wouldn't stop him if he happened to catch her out in the open, but at least she could sleep at night knowing nothing would happen.

What to pack and what to leave.Collapse )