?

No account? Create an account
Recent Entries Friends Archive Profile Tags Memories

I ... takes over slowly
But doesn't last very long
I ... no need to worry
Evr'ything's under control
Wednesday, May 2 :: Evening

Wisps of steam rose from the goblet containing the altered wolfsbane.

"Assuming the minor vomiting problem is taken care of without harming the potion's effectiveness ... there's one full moon after this one before end of term. I think to be safe, that should be spent here as well, even if tonight goes as expected. One last hurrah."

Remus tilted the cup toward Snape in acknowledgement and began to drink.

Over the summer there was the cottage to stay at, and there were few places in the British Isles quite so secure to keep a werewolf. By the time fall term rolled around, if things went well, if there were no setbacks, if he was completely sure of being back to normal ... perhaps the cage at Hogwarts could be used again.

Privately, Remus doubted he'd ever feel that secure. Full moons from now on would mean the cottage. It was close enough, and it was remote.

"And you'll not have to brew this potion for me again, Merlin willing."

Ain't Misbehavin'
Wednesday, May 2 • Early morning

The chime of the clock in the other room sounded midnight, and Vera gave herself one last look-over in the mirror.

She'd begun to notice more fine lines, lately. Oh, the slight wrinkles in the forehead were nothing new — lines of concentration from night after night staring at fields of numbers.

The laugh lines, however. Those were a relatively recent development.Collapse )