?

No account? Create an account
Recent Entries Friends Archive Profile Tags Memories

Sometimes when I reflect back on all the wine I drink I feel shame.
Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the vineyards and all of their hopes and dreams.
If I didn't drink this wine, they might be out of work and their dreams would be shattered.
Then I say to myself, It is better that I drink this wine and let their dreams come true than be selfish and worry about my liver.
~ Jack Handy
Friday, March 30 ~ Evening

Once Draco had reached a certain age, Malfoy family dinners had certainly become more interesting.

First there were before dinner drinks.

Then wine with dinner.

Then after dinner drinks.

Family was decidedly easier to handle with a buzz. "...and he didn't even get a pre-nup! The fucking Idiot - is that legal?"

The beginning of a new dream is sometimes the end of an old one.
Friday, March 30th ~ Afternoon

Rose finished grooming the small porlock that Hagrid had been raising since it was an infant. The creature didn't seem to like her very much lately, shying away from her touch unless Hagrid was near. That saddened her.

She gave the porlock a gentle smile and nodded toward the stable where the little thing liked to curl up and sleep. It scampered away on its two feet as quickly as it could, and Rose's smile fell.

"Hagrid, I am truly grateful that you gave me this opportunity to apprentice with you. It means so much to me. However..."