?

No account? Create an account
Recent Entries Friends Archive Profile Tags Memories

It's a piece of cake to make a pretty cake
Tuesday, March 6 • Evening

There comes a time in every man’s life, no matter how health conscious he is, to have this craving for food that will clog the arteries and shorten the life span. Greg had entered Hog’s Head for the purpose of giving into that calling. Completely skipping the main dishes Greg gave into his desire to have a meal comprised completely of appetizers and desserts. Greasy chips and onion rings, Chicken wings, cake and pie. Oh yes, he was going to pass out tonight from carb overload.

Since he was sitting alone in a restaurant he found it rather awkward. There was no one to talk to. One could only stare at the fire so long before a person wondered if Greg had forgotten how to turn his head. Reaching into his coat pocket he found a pack of cards he kept there and began to entertain himself by shuffling them.

I often quote myself, it adds spice to my conversation.
~ George Bernard Shaw

Tuesday, March 20th ~ Early Morning

After doing his best to immitate a bunny with Daphne, Harry had risen and let her sleep. He, Dobby and Hedwig had filled a couple of hours getting last minute details straighted out, not the least being the latest revision of his will. While he didn't plan on anything happening while they were on their little jaunt, he still liked things to be ready in case they did.

I could get hit by a Muggle bus somewhere, was his thought after he signed the new will and sent it back to his solicitors with Hedwig. She had recovered from the flury of owls sent for the wedding and only gave him a soft hoot when she'd returned.

Fingering the pile of scraps left from the Howler, which Harry had saved to remind him to respond, his mind ran over the conversation he'd had with Daphne that day. If Daphne had been there to see the smirk forming on his face, she might have grabbed the quill out of his hand.

Owl to Molly WeasleyCollapse )

"Hegwig, old girl? One last letter this morning, because there's no way in hell I want your mistress to see this before I send it," Harry advised before addressing it to Molly and holding it out.

"Take it to Molly for me, please."

Harry grinned and went off to see if his wife was stirring yet.

If she ever finds out, I'm dead.

But it's worth it.

Ce que j'ai fait, ce soir
Ce qu'elle a dit, ce soir
Realisant mon espoir
Je me lance, vers la gloire

Tuesday, March 20 • Morning

Remus had fallen into the habit of appearing at the meals in the Great Hall late, but this morning he was back to his previously punctual self.

Izabel had been as good as her word, and had left his bed very early. He'd awoken when she had, and had gone so far as to open his mouth to protest her leaving, when the entirety of the circumstances had been recalled. He'd whispered good-bye softly, and did not fall back asleep.

Instead, he'd waited for the leggy warmth that signaled the only remaining evidence of Izabel's presence between the sheets to dissipate and then made quick work of the rest of his early morning duties, starting with removing his fireplace from the Floo Network and warding his room against an all-too-welcome visitor.