?

No account? Create an account
Recent Entries Friends Archive Profile Tags Memories

To you, I'd never be cold
'Cause I feel that when I'm with you
It's alright
I know it's right
Sunday, August 20 • Late evening

About halfway across the grounds of Hogwarts it occurred to Vera that she should ask to be put down; she'd been cut deeply, yes, but she wasn't a fragile flower. She could stand on her own.

On the other hand, the glen where they had camped was right over the hill.

When they reached Hogwarts proper would be soon enough to assert her independence, Vera thought, and her grasp on Roger's neck tightened slightly.Collapse )

The Prodigal Son Returns

They say that blood is thicker than water. Maybe that's why we battle our own with more energy and gusto than we would ever expend on strangers.
David Assael
August 20, Evening

Aches and pains began to feel his body. The were welcoming pains, the pain of battle, of victory; the lord and the prince had returned. The lights of the manor beckoned them as they approached the door.

Lucius placed his hand on Draco's shoulder as they entered the manor, a barrage of house elves appearing, inquiring to take cloaks, offer refreshements. "Tell Mrs. Malfoy that we have returned," he commanded. "And bring the best wine from the cellar. Tonight, we celebrate."

Men are more moral than they think
and far more immoral than they can imagine.
~ Sigmund Freud
Sunday, August 20th ~ Evening

Izabel was thankful everyone had returned in one piece - more or less. The frostbite, cuts and scrapes from ice and nasty bite marks could be easily dealt with. The first thing she did was to move toward the kitchen. Harry had asked Dobby to forgo his normal day off and she wanted to see if he would get some hot soup ready for them if nothing else was wanted. She heard the pop of Apparantion and glanced over her shoulder at the motley crew that was appearing.

I am surprised Harry would allow Malfoy senior to come here, but he did his part and Draco is still unconscious.

Minerva hadn't wanted to accompany them, but had headed back toward the school saying now that all the professors were accounted for, she needed to get other things lined up for the new term. Izabel hadn't missed the hugs she'd given Vera and Adrian upon their return nor the slight chuckle that escaped her lips when she'd inquired if Draco was badly injured and found out the reason he was - silent.

Time keeps on slipping, slipping, slipping into the future
Sunday afternoon

The newscaster wrapped up the report on a minor river troll rampage and moved to a tiny bit of business news before the segue back into music:

"Enterprising mums are getting the hop on the back-to-school season by doing their shopping a bit ahead of the crowds soon to be swamping Diagon Alley. Shopkeepers report their early August sales receipts are up 5 percentile points from last year."

"Meanwhile, all the young folk, soon to be bright scholars once more, are eager to capture all the idyllic moments remaining before the carefree days of this summer are gone forever."

"And the perfect soundtrack to accompany all your summer fun is just around the corner — a little birdie has slipped the WWN the latest from the Weird Sisters! We'll be bringing it to you before it hits the shops, right after these messages."