August 18th, 2006

Hermione and Viktor ~ Hogsmeade ~ Complete

Mid pleasures and palaces though we may roam,
Be it ever so humble, there's no place like home.
Friday, August 18 ~ Morning

It seemed hours she stood in the living room of her ancestral home with her bags in hand. She was physically ready with everything packed away and ready for the start of term, but was she mentally ready? Even the off-white four walls of the house suddenly seemed lacking; the photos on the wall were empty, the mantle cold and bare, and her mother lazed in a rocking chair, the rhythmic creak of the legs the only sound. Hermione hoped in some way that a return to Hogsmeade would somehow be like the crossing of the rainbow in the old fable her mother used to read. Life would be colorful again, and full of song, dance and laughter, but she knew that was wishful thinking. The walls of the school would be as cold and gray as always and the Three Broomsticks would ever smell of stale ale and whiskey. Life went on with few changes, just emptier now.

Collapse )
Stern

Various ~ Hogwarts Staff Room ~ Complete

I find that a great part of the information I have was acquired by looking up something and finding something else on the way.
~ Franklin P. Adams
Friday, August 18th ~ Evening

From what Remus had told her, if they managed to find the missing people in the Fae world, it would require a great deal of coordinated efforts on their part to have even a chance of a successful rescue. Glancing around the room, Minerva had to wonder what their chances were. Her eyes lingered for a moment on Luna and she mentally shook her head.

Ravenclaw? I just don't see it, but that's why we have the Sorting Hat.

At least Horace isn't here.

She still didn't see what Doris saw in him, but having him go off to be with her saved Minerva some aggravation so she wasn't going to object. Rising to her feet, Minerva cleared her throat lightly and when the small bit of chattering died down she raised her chin slightly.

"I think we all know why we're here and I'm not going to waste any time expounding on it. Remus? What do you want us to do and how?"
Vasily 3

Draco and Vasily * The Palace of the Winter Court * Complete

Ride with the devil/Ride with me
He'll take your life away/I'll take you away
Friday, August 19 * Evening

The halls of the palace rang out with the sounds of the fae of the Great Hunt returning in triumph. Several of Summer's bordertowns had been laid to ruin — their wails had long followed the riders home, and smoke from destroyed homes had hung over the land for miles around.

Now it was time to celebrate. Vasily dismissed the sprite who was to take the news of their return to the King and Queen and smiled at Kalen, clasping him on the arm.

All their hopes for the mortal had been more than filled.

The others had taken readily to the commands of the Duelist of the Shimmering Isles — both on the field and off. He'd cut quite a swath through the riders of the Slaugh over the nights they had been away.

Vasily could not but approve of his appetite.

"Another night of conquest ahead of us — or do you require rest after so many days of exertion?"