August 11th, 2006

Cloak

Bellatrix, Daphne and Harry ~*~ The Shrieking Shack ~*~ Complete

The enemy of my enemy is not necessarily my friend.

Friday, August 11th ~*~ Evening

To say that Harry had not been... pleased to hear that Bellatrix had been in contact with Daphne once more would have been an understatement. Not that she admitted it at the time, especially not after all the protesting she'd done before about Harry treating her like some kind of fragile doll, but Daphne was actually relieved that Harry had insisted on accompanying her to the shack. Bring him or don't go at all.

She couldn't stand Bellatrix up, not if the older woman really did have some of the answers they desperately needed to free the others. Vera and Adrian were her friends and Daphne couldn't leave them wherever they were. Then there was Harry. Malfoy really was close to him and she could see how his absence was hurting Harry, eating at him. For my friends and for Harry, I can't give into my fear and run away.

Collapse )
Winter

Finvar, Maev and Vera || The Palace of the Winter Court || Complete

She had an horror of rooms she was tired you can't hide beat
When I looked in her eyes they were blue but nobody home
Friday, August 11 || Night

The biggest change was all the commotion.

There was always something happening, even in what should have been the dead of night. Singing, dancing, partying — the nymphs pranced, trollwights bellowed with laughter and demanded more food from the kitchens.

Though in truth disinclined to join in, nevertheless she did attend the festivities each night. It would be rude not to, and besides, she did enjoy sitting and listening — even if her reticence to do much more than smile did spawn whispers that one of the new Court members was as cold as the wind whipping around the palace spires.

Collapse )
hand over mouth

Ginny, Owls to the Weasley Family, and any other various well wishers ~ Snape's Cottage ~ Incomplete

“I'm lost in the middle of my birthday.
I want my friends, their touch, with the earth's last love.
I will take life's final offering,
I will take the last human blessing.”
~Rabindranath Tagore
Friday, August 11th ~ Morning

She was rarely left alone and grateful for it. Alone meant worry and thoughts and that still unsettling feeling that part of her, something untouched by Finvar, had wanted to leave with the Fae that night. It was that same part of her that had convinced her that Paris was a good idea, that anywhere but 'home' was a better place to be. It appeared in doubt and stress, when life took a dip out of happy and pleasant and Ginny felt weak for it.

Collapse )