July 14th, 2006

Lace Dress

Daphne, Vera and Izabel ~*~ Un Peu de Ciel ~*~ Complete

The most powerful force in the universe is gossip.
- Dave Barry

Friday, July 14th ~*~ Early Evening

She'd left instructions with Becky that even though she was in the building for dinner, Daphne was not to be disturbed. Unless something blew up, or someone. Otherwise, no bothering the boss, who wanted to spend the evening with her friends being pampered.

Briefly she had considered using the small table in the kitchen for dinner this evening, but it would cause an extra strain on the waitstaff and Daphne would have been up and down all the whole meal checking on things. Instead she settled on a nice roomy table in the back where they could giggle to their drunken heart's content.

Daphne was the first to arrive - which wasn't hard to imagine considering she only had to leave her office to reach the table - and she ordered a bottle of wine while she waited for the others.
Back

Bill -- The Cabin -- Complete

Will it ever get easier?
Friday, July 14th -- Late Evening

Another moon, come and gone. I'm still not sure how I manage to hang on to my job. Much less keep my family from disowning me.

Bill groaned and rubbed some more of Poppy's salve into his joints. He could hear them creak. Getting old before my time. He'd tried to explain the feeling to someone once; how it was like when you need to pop your neck, that pressure building up until it is stiff and painful and then multiplying it a hundredfold. But there is nothing to pop, no release. Nothing to relieve the pressure because Bill's body was never, ever going to make the change.

Collapse )
Reg

WWN ~ Evening News Broadcast ~ Complete

Disappearance of former colleague baffles officials
Friday, July 14 ~ Night

The search for a missing former Unspeakable continued today, with the authorities reporting no progress in the investigation.

Buford Croaker, a well-respected former official for the Department of Mysteries, first was reported missing nearly two weeks ago.

John McMathis, Auror, at today's press conference:

"In the course of his long and distinguished career, Mr. Croaker was instrumental in helping to apprehend many a dangerous criminal. As well, his investigations into certain Mysteries continued on a freelance basis. Suffice to say, there are a number of leads for us to follow and we will continue to do so."

Authorities initially became suspicious when Croaker, 60, failed to meet former colleagues for a lunch on July 3. A search of his flat revealed no sign of foul play, and McMathis stated there has been no activity in the missing man's bank accounts.

Paul Smythe, Unspeakable:

"Frankly, we're beginning to fear the worst. Croaker has no real family that could have called him away for an emergency, he didn't like to travel ... I don't like to think it, there are some bad folk out there, and they don't care for ol' Buford."

This has been Horace Knickerbocker, reporting from the Ministry of Magic. Now back to you in the studio.