June 24th, 2006

deadpan

Harry and Severus~ Glenhollow to Snape's cottage ~ Complete

We learn from history -
That we learn nothing from history.
~ George Bernard Shaw
Saturday, June 24th ~ Extremely Early Morning.

By the time Harry had returned home, the house was dark and quiet which suited his mood perfectly. The room at the top of the structure allowed him the illusion of being outside without having his guard prickle with the constant small disturbances caused by wild life and the occasional breeze whispering through leaves.

He wasn't particularly proud of the way he'd reacted to Snape's request for assistance and the feeling that he'd let the perfect solution slip away still persisted, but at least the darker temptations had quieted for the most part.

Collapse )
Vasily 2

Various cast .::. Hogwarts and environs .::. Complete

The Assyrian came down like the wolf on the fold,
And his cohorts were gleaming in purple and gold.
— George Gordon Byron
Saturday, June 24 .::. Just before sunrise

Stealth, secrecy: these were the necessary tools for entering a new world — or one which had last been walked so long ago that nothing they had known of it could be trusted.

Vasily in his heart preferred outright conquest, the thunder of the hooves of the warband as the Slaugh descended upon their enemies. The thrill of the Great Hunt: flashing claws and blades, booming horns, streaming blood.

He was just as skilled in the other, however, and so no one in the village noticed when a shadowy form slipped from a well in a park.

Collapse )
Xerxes

Severus and Vera -- Owls -- Complete

I expected more from you.
Saturday, June 24th -- Afternoon

Ms. Vector,

As you have probably deduced, I am sending this missive to inform you of your standing in my class at the Phoenix. Your spell mastery and form were not exceptional, but you had shown marked improvement over the course of the term and I would have estimated that you belonged in the upper half of the class.

Collapse )
Reg

WWN ~ Special Broadcast ~ Complete

Midsummer's Festival
Saturday, June 24th ~ Early Evening

"This is Anastasia Witherpool, live in downtown Hogsmeade where the Midsummer's Festival is well under way. People are crowding the streets, vendors are out offering their - "

A slight scuffle is heard over the air, ending in Anastasia muffling a curse and muttering about her foot.

"Rita Skeeter here. Voting for this year's Litha Queen is still open and remember, every vote counts some more than others so be sure to come out and vote for your favorite candidate. Someone you know and trust, someone you would welcome into your homes every evening during her segment on the nightly news. Someone, for instance, like me?"

-back that microphone, woman, before I -

"Ezekiel Brunderbluss, back at the WWN studio once more. We seem to be experiencing some technical difficulties with our live broadcast.

"Please remember WWN is always interested in the comments and concerns of our listeners. Feel free to, contact us by owl or floo. We appreciate the interest shown and will respond as soon as possible. The Wizarding Wireless Network will return you to Rita Skeeter and Anastasia Witherpool live at the Midsummer's Festival in Hogsmeade after these messages from our sponsors."