March 15th, 2006

Haunted

Various cast || Hogwarts || Complete

My chest is aching, burns like a furnace,
the burning keeps me alive
Wednesday || The Ides of March || Morning

Even in Hogwarts, dungeons were cold things. Or perhaps it was simply the adjustment away from a fur coat that made it seem so; all Remus knew was that it was usually the chill seeping into his bones that woke him.

Penance paid for another month.

He opened his eyes and studied the stones of the ceiling until he heard a noise in the hall, a clear signal to make himself presentable. A hand groped for the blanket.

After a moment, reluctantly, Lupin swung his legs over the side of the cot to sit up. The motion brought a wince, joints as always protesting the inhuman treatment they'd received.
rose

Rose, Izabel, Minerva -- Hogwarts -- Complete

Damn...
Wednesday, March 15 -- Afternoon

Rose made her way up to the castle to see Izabel like she did everyday before going to work with Hagrid. It was their tea time and she enjoyed that.

Things seem a little grim around here. Rose thought as she ascended a few stairs, Maybe they're all remembering the last full moon, thankfully nothing like that had happened again. That I know of...

Hoping she was just imagining things, Rose knocked on Izabel's door and looked forward to another lovely chat over tea as usual. Something to keep her mind off of attacks.

Hermione - Her Private Quarters in Hogwarts - Incomplete

Hurt

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth -- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up, we will then begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had."

~Elisabeth Kubler-Ross

Wednesday, March 15th - Evening

Another attack on the grounds and Hermione felt as if her heart might burst. She felt as if her heart was attached to a yo-yo-- some invisible hand dropping it toward the earth and jerking it back up just enough to drop again. She almost felt guilty for enjoying herself as much as she had the night before with Ron. But, it had felt so good to have warmth and laughter in her life again, after feeling so cold for so long.

Stop! How can you be so heartless as to think of yourself at a time like this? Poor Hagrid! And the children! How can I hope to hold together enough for myself let alone those who need me? I must learn to be strong. I must help them all by being supportive and encouraging them to live their lives. I can do this.