February 24th, 2006

Reg

WWN ~ Noon News Update ~ Mourning Lost Innocence

Mourning Lost Innocence
Friday, February 24th ~ Noon

An advertisement for The Phoenix ended and a female voice in the background comes through.

"With all the crap going on around here lately I think I'll sign up for some classes."

"I doubt you'll find the professor's arse on any exams. You wouldn't be going there to learn, you'd be going there to ogle, harass and dig for dirt, Rita."

"Ezekiel Brunderbluss here with your noon news update."

A rustle of paper is heard before Rita's dulcet tones can be heard again.

"And your point is? It got me through Hogwarts, didn't it?"

"You have absolutely no shame do you?"

"It's very liberating, would you like me to teach you?"

"Someone get her the hell out of here. Rita, back off! Remember our discussion on personal space?"

"Well, if you'd hold still I'm trying to explore yours."

Collapse )
sweet

Draco, Ginny, Seamus and Luna ~ Dragon's Lair ~ Complete

I guess I just prefer to see the dark side of things. The glass is always half empty. And cracked. And I just cut my lip on it. And chipped a tooth.
- Janeane Garofalo
Friday, February 24 ~ Afternoon

Draco leaned back into the soft dark leather of booth, watching the comings and goings of the cafe with blank eyes. He had sent Ginny an owl to meet him as soon as he had arrived home this morning, not yet ready to see whatever disgusting display Potter and Greengrass were sure to put on. After locking the two in a room together on Valentine's Day, Draco had made sure the staff knew not to tell him a damn thing about any noises or room service requests and proceeded to get thoroughly pissed.

And woken up in Venice. How was still a mystery, but the timing had been ideal. Away from his family, away from - them, just the break he needed right?

Until you took into account the number of vacationing lovers. Gah. So back home it was. As a flash of red caught his eye, Draco found himself grinning and hoping it was Ginny. He had actually missd a Weasley. Un-frickin-believable.
rose

Rose and Viktor -- Rose's flat -- MA -- Incomplete

"Truths and roses have thorns about them"
~Henry David Thoreau
Friday, February 24th -- Early Evening

Rose had been napping on her couch, curled into a ball under a warm blanket when she heard the knock on her door. Stretching, she gave the door an irritated look. This was her sleep time and she almost considered ignoring the knock, but knew that visitors were rare so she should probably answer it, it seemed to make sense in her sleepy state.

Stretching, she called out, "Coming." before running a hand through the her hair. Standing up on her tip toes to see through her peephole, Rose saw -- Viktor!

The slowness of sleep gone, she scrambled quickly over to the counter. Snatching her wand, Rose cast a breath freshening charm on herself. She ran her hands once more through her hair before opening the door.

"Hello Viktor," her smile dropped as she saw the expression on his face and hers turned to one of concern. "Is everything alright?" Not another student. She held the door open in a silent invite for him to come in.
trying not to laugh

Ron, Draco, Bill and Harry ~ Glen Hollow ~ Complete

No, You May Not Break The Pool Cues Over Each Others Heads.
Friday, February 24th ~ Evening

Harry had invited Ron over to play some pool. He'd enjoyed the evening at the pub the other night, but missed having a chance to just talk. Since Harry'd started seeing Daphne, their normal activities had ground to a halt. After they had a quick dinner, Harry rose from the table and headed toward the den.

"I've just got a quick owl to send, Ron, if you want to head upstairs and set up the first game. There should be plenty of soda or ale in the small fridge up there if you want anything."

Collapse )