January 7th, 2006

Over the Shoulder

Harry and Daphne ~*~ Her Flat ~*~ Complete

Done this before, so why am I so nervous?
Saturday, January 7th ~*~ Early Evening

There was absolutely no reason why she had had to change her dress four times in the last hour. Daphne stared at her reflection in the mirror and debated changing once more when it hit her. "I'm an idiot."

This wasn't the first date evening she'd spent with Harry, yet she as nervous as she'd been the first time she'd agreed to take a walk after dinner with that seemingly sweet Hufflepuff boy in fifth year. Her first official date, and also her last for several months. Daphne's lips curled upward as she remembered his face but not his name, and how the evening had ended with a black eye for him and apologizes from her - it had been an accident, she hadn't mean to trip the poor man and that suit of armor was eventually put back together.

So why was she so nervous?

"I just don't want to make him regret asking me to go with him. Not after - the other - things." Daphne looked at her dress with a critical eye and had just reached for the zipper in the back when she heard the knock at her door.

Narcissa ~ Malfoy Manor ~ Complete

This Will Never Do
Saturday, January 7th ~ Late Evening

Shuffling through the reports that had been delivered, Narcissa sorted them and then began reading.

No trace of a child - so either the Weasley cow is totally demented or Draco is more resourceful than I realized. The 'shower' could still be useful either way. The interaction between Potter and Draco was somewhat restrained here - so it will give me an opportunity to observe how they react to each other in a - normal setting.

Collapse )
Reg

WWN ~ End of the Evening News with Ezekiel Brunderbluss ~ Complete

...And The Children Were Nestled, All Snug In Their Beds...
Saturday, January 7 ~ Late Evening

"...Parents are breathing a sigh of relief as students prepare to return to school from winter break. The Hogwarts Express pulls out sharply on time, don't be late! Teachers arrived at the school today, no doubt either enjoying those last few moments of peace or frantically finishing up in time for the new term to begin on Monday. We've been unable to reach Minerva McGonagall, Headmistress for any comment, representatives from her office have expressed her regrets, as she is also indisposed during this busy time."

"We here at the Wizarding Wireless Network wish the students and their families all the best in this upcoming year, we know they're in good hands."

"As always ladies and gentlemen WWN is always interested in the comments and concerns of our listeners. If you have one, please contact us by owl or floo. We appreciate the interest shown and will respond as soon as possible. The Wizarding Wireless Network now returns you to our regularly scheduled programing."