Aurora Izabel Sinistra (izabel_sinistra) wrote in __lightning__,
Aurora Izabel Sinistra
izabel_sinistra
__lightning__

Izabel ~ Hogwarts ~ Complete

Guilt: The Gift That Keeps On Giving.
~ Erma Bombeck
Saturday, January 6th ~ Early Morning

It was still unbelievable. All her efforts - Minerva's patience in teaching her - had been successful so Izabel should be happy. She should be ecstatic that she was now an Animagus. A registered one as of yesterday.

So why do I feel like panicking instead? Izabel asked herself as she headed for her quarters at Hogwarts. What will Remus think... say...

Should I even tell him?

He's the main reason I started this - whole thing.

Isn't he?

The clerk at the Ministry office hadn't seemed fazed when Izabel showed her the form she took, but then Izabel wasn't sure if anything would upset the stone faced witch. She'd been methodical and efficient while dealing with the paperwork involved. Stamping whatever it was she needed to stamp and then handing one small slip back to Izabel. Izabel in turn had looked to Minerva, her eyes asking, "Is that it?", before the two of them had returned to Hogwarts.

Minerva had been extremely quiet about the whole matter of Izabel's Animagus form. When Izabel had first managed the transformation, Minerva had merely blinked and sat down rather quickly. Only a comment that she'd never encountered one before and the advice to practice daily until it was second nature fell from the headmistress' mouth after her congratulations.

A wry smile had stretched the older woman's lips after that. "Not many get the chance to fly. I'd hate to see you run into the side of the castle because you hadn't practiced enough."

After making sure the door to her chambers was secure, Izabel stood in front of the full length mirror in her bedroom, relieved that it wasn't a magical one. There had been little opportunity to become completely familiar with her 'other' body and now was as good a time as any. She held her arms up and concentrated, feeling the shift and then opening her eyes to stare at the image reflected back. The colors weren't bad, brown and dark brown...

Gods. How am I going to tell Remus - that I'm a bat. Will it be any consolation that I'm an Egyptian fruit bat, sometimes referred to as a "flying fox", and not a Vampire bat?

Her wings drooped slightly just before she transformed back into herself.

Somehow I doubt it.
Tags: izabel_sinistra
Subscribe
  • Post a new comment

Error

Comments allowed for members only

Anonymous comments are disabled in this journal

default userpic
  • 0 comments