Lily Evans (x_lily_x) wrote in __incendio,
Lily Evans
x_lily_x
__incendio

In the hallways and hospital wing, enemies lie in wait.

Who: Lily, 2nd year Ravenclaw, Pomfrey and anyone else who wants to join. Preferably, including James and Remus, if you will?
Where: Hallways and Hospital wing
Why: Because we need some action around here and there is war on, people!

Lily bounded up the stairs, pulling herself up and around the corner in a most unladylike manner, bumped into a suit of armour as she ran down the hallway and shouted an apology over her shoulder as it started ranting about 'the lack of manners in students these days'. Her bag swung wildly behind her and her robes billowed around her legs as she ascended yet another staircase, ignoring the astonished glare from three elderly witches gossiping in their portraits. She heard them mention the decorum that should be possessed by a Head Girl, tutting loudly and commenting that it would never happen in their day, before she was out of earshot.

She skidded to a halt, bent almost double trying to catch her breath, before opening the door and walking straight into the hospital wing.

"There's been another one," she said, more a statement than a question, though she longed to hear that she was mistaken. Dumbledore hadn't even needed to say anything to her that morning. She had known as she walked into the Great Hall for breakfast, as soon as he looked at her, that there had been another attack. They were getting too frequent, far too frequent, and she could honestly say that she wasn't sure how it was going to get any better.

They were never very serious, never traceable, but muggle born witches and wizards had been being systematically terrorised in various ways. Some woke up and could only say the word 'Mudblood' for days. Some opened their books only to have the books scream at them for daring to try and practice magic. Some had even been burned when they tried to touch any magical ingredients in their potions class.

Madam Pomfrey was inundated with these various maladies, more than capable of curing each one, though some took more time than others. Where Lily had been used to visiting James in the hospital wing for whatever mischief he and his friends cooked up, she was now visiting various Muggle borns, her role as Head Girl meaning that it was her job to make sure they were given the care they needed. Care that went beyond fixing them physically, care that included listening, giving advice and making sure that these students knew that they had as much right to be in the school as anyone else.

Lily walked over to the girl on the bed, second year, she thought, from Ravenclaw. She had informed the prefects, told them to meet her up here in ten minutes, and asked Peter to find James, and Remus, and send them up as soon as he found them. They needed to talk, again, and figure out what to do about this. It just couldn't go on.

The girl looked as though she had been crying and one hand was clenched on the bed, the sheets gathered up in her fist.

"Hi," Lily said, "How are you doi-" She didn't quite finish her sentance as the girls hand swung out and would have hit her in the face had she not ducked quickly. Thanking her quick reflexes, she stood up and took a step backwards.

"I'm sorry, I'm so sorry," the girl said, tears coursing down her cheeks, "I didn't mean to do that, I can't control..." she trailed off and looked down at her hand, lying innocently by her side, clenched once again in the sheets. "You're muggle born, right? Everytime someone muggle born comes near me, it..I..my arm goes crazy. I'm so sorry."

The girl was sobbing again, clearly distraught that any part of herself would try and hurt a muggle born witch.

"It's ok," Lily replied. "This is not your fault and I'm not going to take it personally. I'll need to talk to you properly once Madam Pomfrey's fixed you up, but I wanted to make sure you were ok first. You're not on your own, okay?"

"My friends won't visit because I punched Caroline this morning, but I didn't mean to, and now they think I hate muggle borns, but I don't, my Dad was muggle born, so I'm not Pureblood either, I would never do something like this normally, I just can't make it stop." She was crying again, her knuckles white from trying to keep her hand still and she looked exhausted. Madam Pomfrey came over with a steaming goblet and handed it to the girl, instructing her to drink it all, which she did. Her hand slowly relaxed and her eyelids started to droop almost instantly.

Within five minutes, she was asleep and Lily sat down in the chair beside her bed, running her hands through her hair. She hoped the others would get there soon.
Subscribe
  • Post a new comment

Error

default userpic
    When you submit the form an invisible reCAPTCHA check will be performed.
    You must follow the Privacy Policy and Google Terms of use.
  • 14 comments