Lily Evans (x_lily_x) wrote in __incendio,
Lily Evans
x_lily_x
__incendio

A visit to the hospital

Where: Lily's house/Princess Alexandra Hospital, Hertfordshire
Who: Lily, James and Lily's parents
Why: Because Lily's dad is still in hospital and Lily wants him to meet James

Lily ran down the stairs, her hair pulled back with one hand and her other swinging her around the end of the bannisters as she ran into the kitchen.

"Mum, have you seen my bobbles? I can't find one anywhere?" she asked, her eyes looking around the kitchen. "James is going to be here any minute and I'm not even ready...I know, I know, I should have been up earlier," she added as she saw her Mum's raised eyebrows and amused expression, "But have you seen them?"

"No, I haven't, I honestly don't know what you do with them," her mother replied, sitting at the breakfast table with a cup of tea. "Have you checked your dressing table?"

"Of course I've checked my dressing table! Where do you think I looked first? There's none there. I think Petunia takes them. I think she sneaks up and takes them so that I can never wear my hair up. You know she would."

"Oh don't be ridiculous, Lily, Petunia did not take your bobbles. You've probably left them all at school. Why can't you wear your hair down?"

"It's a mess! I can't. Oh Merlin, I supposed I'll have to."

She let go of the pony tail she had been holding in place with her hand, her hair swinging down in front of her face. She tucked it behind her ears immediately. She was fidgety, but she wouldn't let herself think about the reason. So James' was meeting her dad for the first time. So her dad was still in hospital, scheduled for surgery. So this wasn't the most regular 'meet-the-parents' visit. She shook her head, running back up the stairs, her long red hair swinging behind her, and grabbed her wand, tucking it into her jeans and out of sight.

She had thought about using 'Accio' to find her missing hair tie, but every time she used magic lately, her mother got a strange look in her eye, like there was something she was half remembering, and the last thing Lily wanted her to do was remember everything. So she tried to keep her books and supplies in her room, and her wand out of sight. She had made the mistake of telling her mother she had it with her the last time they were at the hospital, and she had told Lily she was being ridiculous and to take it home at once.

Running her hands through her hair, she went back downstairs, slowly this time, and walked into the kitchen. Pouring herself a cup of tea, she sat down and took a mouthful at exactly the same time the doorbell rang. She jumped up, tucked her hair behind her ear again and walked calmly to the front door, opening it with a smile as she saw James.

"Hi! Come in, do you want some tea? I've just made some, well Mum made it, but it's fresh," she said, pulling him forward and kissing him as he stepped into the hall.

"Hi."
Subscribe
  • Post a new comment

Error

default userpic
    When you submit the form an invisible reCAPTCHA check will be performed.
    You must follow the Privacy Policy and Google Terms of use.
  • 26 comments