1. Name: Meghan
2. Age: 16
3. Sex: Female
4. Location: Stony Point, NY
5. Heart breaker, broken, or in love? (pics?): Broken and in love. It's this boy's fault:
6. Bands :
7. Books :
8. Movies :
9. TV Shows :
10. Quote: either "Laughter cures cancer, it's beautiful" or
No matter what anybody tells you, words and ideas can change the world. - Mr Keating, Dead poets society
We don't read and write poetry because it's cute. We read and write poetry because we are members of the human race. And the human race is filled with passion. And medicine, law, business, engineering, these are noble pursuits and necessary to sustain life. But poetry, beauty, romance, love, these are what we stay alive for. To quote from Whitman, "O me! O life!... of the questions of these recurring; of the endless trains of the faithless... of cities filled with the foolish; what good amid these, O me, O life? Answer. That you are here - that life exists, and identity; that the powerful play goes on and you may contribute a verse." That the powerful play goes on and you may contribute a verse. What will your verse be? -same place.
11. Article of clothing (pics?): One of the shirts I've made (stenciled) my best one which is probably my favorite doesn't have a picture at the moment, though. Desolee.
12. Where do you see yourself in 10 years? 26 years old. I see myself on broadway or at an independent theatre company doing sound design and stage crew stuff. And finishing my 3rd? novel.
13. Every heartbroken kid needs a laugh. Tell us a joke: I'm REALLY not good at joke-telling. So here: http://www.explosm.net/comics/view.asp?id=96
14. If you had one wish, what would it be? More Wishes. Or to be happy in life in whatever I do and every ignorant, stupid, asshole person would either grow up or die or something.
15. Do you have any special talents or hobbies you would like to share? I love stage crew and drama. I stencil and I'm pretty good, I've written a novel, I'm learning to knit (mella!), and I play piano and sing.
16. What do you think is your best physical feature? Worst? My best would be my eyes or my freckles. I used to hate my freckles, but they add character, and my eyes change colors and they're really cool, haha. Worst would probably be my cheeks bc I'm irish and stuff, I always look like I'm blushing or just ran like 4 miles. It sucks. Oh and I'm not photogenic AT ALL.
17. What are 3 of your good personality traits? 2 bad? Three good: I'm understanding, passionate, and reliable. Two Bad: I get jealous easily and I'm lazyyy.
18. Tell us something random about yourself: I'm lebanese (arab)
19. Make up your own question and answer it: What's your favorite word? Passion, and Existentialism.
Your Opinions On...
20. "The Scene:" I hate that word, because it's becoming confused with being "emo." All the emo kids in our school are now scene. I think the scene is more about fashion and stuff than the music. People are accusing emo kids of crying slitting their wrists and wearing crotch-bulging pants, when that's absolutely not what it's about at all. I think "the scene" is waaayy overrated.
21. Religion: Religion is great if you believe in it, and whatever if you don't. My family is very religious, but I'm still not sure about myself. I believe in God and everything but I don't like the idea of going to church. I think it's almost a form of brainwash, and you should be able to worship God in your own way. And it should absolutely be kept separate from state.
22. Drugs/Alcohol/sXe: I hate the term "sxe." If you go aroudn being like "yo, I'm hxc sxe," I see that as more as a trend. If you don't have sex or drink or get high or anything, that's awesome. I don't. But I don't go around labeling myself. I keep it to myself. I say no when people ask if I want a hit or something. I hate how sxe has become a trend, when really it should be about your morals.
23. Gay Marriages: I'm absolutely for it. If you don't like seeing two guys holding hands, then don't look. Really, love is the same no matter what gender you're attracted to. I know gay kids who would give anything in the world to be seen as "normal." If it's against your religion and you feel THAT strongly about it, then don't do it. Religion and state, like I said before, should be separate. My grandma always says how she doesn't understnad how gay people know they're gay at such a "young" age, when in reality, she's saying how can ANYONE know who they're attracted to until they're in their 20s or so?
24. Your mom: http://www.explosm.net/comics/view.asp?id=362
25. Abortion: I'm pro choice. It's the woman's body. No one should be able to tell her what to do. I don't condone it as a form of birth control, but what about rape, incest, or the mother dying? You can't just make exceptions, and you know if it's outlawed it'll just end up being a coat hanger in an alley way just like it used to be.
26. What makes you so HeartxCore? I've had my heart broken and fixed plenty of times. And I'm Mella's new bestfriend.
27. Why should we let you in this community? Because I'm pretty radical, duh
28. How did you find this community? If it was someone's promo, whos was it? Mella and I talk. And she promoted in my community.
29. Please list the places (yes, more than one) you promoted. If you didn't promote, don't even bother sending in your application:
30. [at least 3]
^my teeth are DEFINITELY not that yellow (ew). It's the flash and the color of the bathroom that did it.
^I'm sooo heartxcore, look at me. haha