February 4th, 2009

[random] I'm so adjective.

Josh to be inducted into the Hollywood Bowl Hall of Fame!

I found this article today on Playbill.com and I thought you guys would want to read this! How exciting!

Groban and Te Kanawa Are Hollywood Bowl Inductees; Initial Season Details Announced
By Andrew Gans
04 Feb 2009

Famed opera singer Dame Kiri Te Kanawa and vocalist Josh Groban, who has appeared in Chess concerts on both sides of the Atlantic, will be inducted into the Hollywood Bowl of Fame in June.

The annual "Opening Night at the Bowl," which includes the induction of Te Kanawa and Groban, is set for June 19 at 8:30 PM. The evening will also feature presenters John Williams and Garth Brooks and the famed Hollywood Bowl Orchestra under the direction of Thomas Wilkins.

Past inductees into the Hollywood Bowl Hall of Fame include John Williams, Garth Brooks, Marilyn Horne, Stevie Wonder, Bonnie Raitt, John Raitt, Monty Python, Kathleen Battle, Randy Newman, Bernadette Peters, Leopold Stokowski, George Harrison, the Smothers Brothers, Roger Daltrey, Patti LuPone, Nathan Lane, Henry Mancini, Sarah Chang, Brian Wilson, Trisha Yearwood, Joshua Bell, Frank Sinatra, Placido Domingo, John Mauceri, Carlos Santana and Andre Watts.

The evening will benefit Music Matters, the Los Angeles Philharmonic's music education programs.

You can read the rest of the article here. It mostly mentions the 2009 season, but there may be those of you out there who are interested. Enjoy!