?

No account? Create an account
__GROBANITES
Love the music, love the man, love each other!
Awake Live OFFICAL Squee Post 
4th-May-2008 09:20 pm
Wemma photobooth kiss
I know there are people out there who already have Awake Live...some stores shipped thier's early or some crap.
 I know there are people who will get it before other people.
Some people don't like being spoiled. So... if you wish to squee your grobie guts out about the new dvd...

DO IT IN A COMMENT TO THIS POST!

That way those who wish to remain unspoiled can do so. Thank you!

THIS IS THE OFFICAL DVD DISCUSSION POST.
The only other posts about this dvd that will not be deleted by mods are as follows: YOU appear somewhere in the DVD and wish to squee, I know some of you were at the SLC show... (please tell about it under a cut) or you have screencaps...Those also must be posted under a cut.

Thank You!
Your Mods..
Kimmy & Sally

Comments 
5th-May-2008 04:33 am (UTC)
Ooh, lucky people who got it early! I'm ordering it from Amazon on the 6th, so it will, unfortunately, be a while before I get it. I always have other stuff to buy to get free shipping, which takes a wee bit longer.
5th-May-2008 04:53 am (UTC)
many bthx for no spoilers post. :D
you may have to link to this post in a future post just to keep it current and not falling off of people's f-lists tho! (my f-list is pretty much gonzo everyday, i've got too much crap on it) ;)
5th-May-2008 05:31 am (UTC)
*early squee* because i am depriving myself until ap exams are over :(
5th-May-2008 05:34 am (UTC)
Squee!!! I got mine on Saturday which made up for the crappyness of the Kentucky Derby. I have yet to listen and/or listen to the CD though
5th-May-2008 04:57 pm (UTC)
AAAAH!!!
I'm watching it right now.
Such a good distraction from finals!
5th-May-2008 08:02 pm (UTC)
I got it Saturday (oops) and promptly watched it. It, of course, was awesome.

I was at the concert when they filmed it, and I have to say, I am really, really disappointed that they cut so much footage out. All the good bits with Angelique and Josh attempting to dance are gone, as well as Josh doing improv with cowboy hats and Elton John style sunglasses. They also cut out Not While I'm Around, which about broke my heart because it was so, so sweet and heartfelt. That song is so comforting and sweet, so I'm sad I can't have it on dvd to watch when I need it. I can understand why some footage had to be cut (and maybe the Not While I'm Around was cut because of, like, copyright laws? no clue) but I'm bummed out that it had to be those pieces that brought so much personality and zing to the show.

HOWEVER, I am glad to get another dvd of such a flawless performance. Josh keeps up to his normal amazing quality standards and it was extremely enjoyable to watch. Definitely worth the wait.
6th-May-2008 06:21 am (UTC)
I am ditto-ing everything you said. I was at the show too, and while it was nice to get to re-live such an amazing show, it was heartbreaking not to have some of the more candid moments.

Though Definitely a wonderful addition to my Joshy collection. He's so brilliant, I fall in love with him all over again every time i watch him.
5th-May-2008 09:22 pm (UTC)
I got my special edition in the mail today.

OH MY JOSHHHHHH. Amazing. Pure bliss, I swear.

The clips of Sweeney were so cute. Did anyone else notice how the fuzzed out his youknowwhat in that one clip? lol.
5th-May-2008 10:28 pm (UTC)
LOL yes. I thought that censoring was pretty dang amusing.
19th-May-2008 05:49 am (UTC)
Haha I noticed that too. No one seemed to notice that Sweeney was in a censored pose. :P I want to hug that dog.
7th-May-2008 03:07 am (UTC)
I loved it. He seems alot more polished (with his voice especially) in this one.
Lucia looks AMAZING. I LOVE HER. :D
7th-May-2008 03:48 am (UTC)
Picked it up after work, and am now watching... WOW!

I think my favorite part so far was when Josh sang "In Her Eyes" to that young girl, and of course, "Pearls" with Angelique. *happy sigh*
7th-May-2008 03:21 pm (UTC)
I just started watching the DVD. Did Josh just say "BOO-YA!"?

I'm in love with it already. :)
11th-May-2008 03:23 am (UTC)
I'm watching it right now, and I spy naked feet! Both Lucia and the main cellist are barefoot. That makes me smile for some reason :)
11th-May-2008 03:21 pm (UTC)
I just finished it. It was amazing! His voice is so much better. ardshadh! And I loved BTOC. The Awake Tour is srs buisness.
12th-May-2008 07:50 am (UTC)
I got my copy of the special edition last Thursday and really enjoyed watching the concert. Josh sang great and I liked his interaction with the fans, holding their hands briefly as he walked past (singing to that girl for a minute was so sweet). The Kashmir cover by Lucia was also made of win since I like that particular Led Zeppelin track.
19th-May-2008 05:48 am (UTC)
My crazy friend bought me the DVD as an early birthday and christmas gift. I just finished watching it and I want moooooreee!

The behind the scenes were my favorite, especially the shots with sweeney.

They showed a few clips from manila! hahaha I could just recognize those hideous pink footbridges that are a pain to the eyes. :)) It was during his trip from the hotel to the PICC center.

squeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!
This page was loaded May 21st 2019, 5:19 am GMT.