?

No account? Create an account
__GROBANITES
Love the music, love the man, love each other!
Noel 
7th-Oct-2007 06:36 pm
Wemma photobooth kiss
 Dear Grobies~

I know we are all excited about the forthcoming release of Noel. I hear some people have gotten their copies early. Like Josh's previous albums we ask you NOT TO SHARE any of Noel in this community.
If you are a fan of Josh's (which you obviously are if you are HERE) then you will buy the album.

DO NOT REQUEST SONGS FROM NOEL NOR POST THEM HERE.
 Posts of this nature will be immediately deleted by a mod and you may be removed from the community.

Thank you.
~Kimmy

PS: I will set up a "Squee About Noel Post" on Monday. 
All of your Noel joy should be released in comments to that post, 
that way everyone's Friends List is not bombarded by 
OMG NOEL IS SO FANTASTIC posts on Tuesday. 

::edited to add::
PSS: Any comments/screenaps from the "making of dvd" (that you can only get a Target) 
should be placed under a cut  (in a post seperate from the one I set up tomorrow)
 so not to spoil the rest of us who can't get ahold of it yet because we are far from Target. 
Thanks again.
Comments 
8th-Oct-2007 02:56 am (UTC) - Just wondering...
About those that preordered it, I heard that the CD/DVD would be sold exclusively at Target, but I looked on their website and couldn't find where it said the CD came with a DVD to order. Did anyone else notice this or is that just how it is? If you order the one Target has on their website does it come with the DVD?

8th-Oct-2007 03:03 am (UTC) - Re: Just wondering...
I don't know. Maybe to get the cd/dvd you have to go to a Target store. :(
8th-Oct-2007 02:21 pm (UTC) - Re: Just wondering...
Target always makes it where their "Limited Edition" versions of albums have to be purchased in-store only. They've been doing this to Streisand fans for years now.
(Deleted comment)
9th-Oct-2007 01:44 am (UTC) - Re: Just wondering...
Just offering help where I can. ;)
(Deleted comment)
9th-Oct-2007 04:53 am (UTC) - Re: Just wondering...
HOT.
8th-Oct-2007 03:38 am (UTC)
some of us canadians here won't get our copies until a week later...and that's only if we have awe4some american friends who are mailing us our copies.

so in this case can you kindly put all of the secret screen caps from the dvd etc etc etc under a big fat spoiler cut so the surprise isn't ruined for the rest of us?? at least until the following tuesday or so.

Thanks eh?! :D
haha
8th-Oct-2007 04:07 am (UTC)
not just cdns. other people who live far from Target as well. I'll add this to the post above. :)
8th-Oct-2007 04:17 am (UTC)
From my past experiences with Target, you MUST go to a Target store to acquire the exclusives. I hope that helps....
8th-Oct-2007 05:09 am (UTC)
i think Itunes might have the DVD with it. i could be wrong but i think Itunes will have the DVD version.
9th-Oct-2007 12:36 am (UTC)
pretty sure it's exclusive to Target
8th-Oct-2007 05:31 am (UTC)
If you are a fan of Josh's (which you obviously are if you are HERE) then you will buy the album.

So if you download his music, you're not a real fan? I'm not, in anyway, trying to start anything, but that just really irked me. Not all people have the money to buy his album's. Music is about sharing with the people, the music industry just turned it into a huge money hungry business. The essential part of music, is to let people hear you and what you're about.

If it's a poor musician, then yeah, don't download. But Josh isn't poor.

I really don't want to seem like a cow, but when something bothers me I tend to let people know.
8th-Oct-2007 09:03 am (UTC)
In principle, I agree with your statements regarding downloading and the money-hungry music business. Music is, and has always been, about art, and the search within and without for the soul of the human spirit. However, business and art have a not-so-secret relationship that stretches back many centuries...however far back paid musicians, scribes and artisans go.

To make a paper-long argument short, in the arts, there will always be profit-making of some from their own productions or those of others---that is, as long as a capitalist-type economy makes such money-gains a bonus. And as long as profits are made from art, there will be some form of copyrighting to keep art under control. The way the copyright system is set up at present IS outdated, and rather unfair to poor people, or to people who just want to have a TASTE of someone's music, without having to buy the whole darned album, or be satisfied with a piddly sample of a track. Or resort to downloading and sharing...as many of us do, including myself. But unfortunately, that's the way it is. Only lobbying the governments for copyright law changes will possibly make a difference.

And in ANY case, the co-moderator of our fair group, Kimmy, has decided that no downloading or sharing of "Noel" will happen in this community. There's probably several reasons behind this decision, one being a desire to NOT spoil the nice surprise that "Noel" has for those who can't receive it till weeks from now. Another is that if Warner Bros. finds out we've been sharing a hot, new CD such as "Noel", our community could cease to exist in a heartbeat, and there'd be virtually nothing we could do to fight that. If you have issue with this decision, bring it up with Kimmy. She doesn't tend to bite people for speaking up. :-)

And no, you don't seem like a cow. Just a thoughtful and liberal sort of individual...rather like me! :-D
8th-Oct-2007 11:32 am (UTC)
Yeah, musicians have always gotten paid, but that's usually because it's their only source of income. Since people discovered music as an art form and even as a way of life, they have been paid. But not the way it is now. Those people were working for their food, clothes, etc. The people in the music industry now, are so far past that it's just ridiculous.

Obviously there will always be money involved, but the music business is complaining because people are downloading and they're not making as much as they were or could be making. Which I don't agree with. Boohoo! I'm suppose to be feel sad for some one who still makes millions more then I do or probably ever will? There are people out there who haven't seen as much as $100 all at once, CEO's and Producers etc. etc are complaining because the check they get isn't as high as it use to be. That's what it all stems from, not that they won't have enough to run the label or...whatever.

I get that, people don't want to hear it until they have it in their hands. Totally understandable. But no one is pressing the link, making them download it and then listen to it. I also highly doubt that Warner Brothers would hear about it in this one particular case, especially if you've locked the post. It's also extremely difficult to track down a person who has illegally downloaded or uploaded something too (i.e. People are disguising the file name). There are numerous sites not only on LiveJournal but just on the web in general that have been active for years without being caught and/or persecuted.

I don't have a problem with it not being available here, it just bothered me that she pretty much implied that if you don't buy a Josh Album, you're not a real fan. We don't all have have extra money for certain things, whether it be movies, cd's, books etc. etc.

Haha, everyone has to have an opinion on something. I'm one of those people. :p
(Deleted comment)
8th-Oct-2007 01:14 pm (UTC)
Look, this was just me expressing my opinion. You don't have to attack me on what I think.

How did your job come into this anyway? I'm not personally attacking you. I'm not attacking anyone, I'm merely stating my opinion and if that bothers you, then tell me. Don't go off on me about bunch of things I never even mentioned.

So you don't mind if I come into your house and take what I like because I don't have it and cannot afford it? Where did that even come from? Seriously. What is your reasoning behind that? Back that statement up with something I wrote up there, please. (Something blatant. Not what you think I meant.)

I'm one of the billions of people who download music. I'm also one of the billions of people who buy CD's, DVD's and see movies in the theatre. So before you make some gross assumption about the kind of person I am, form an opinion and attack me, learn more about me and stop assuming things.

On the money thing, I wasn't talking about me. It was an example. Because, believe it or not, there are people out there who don't have enough money to buy general things, let alone leisurely items. So I'm sorry if I'm the only one disgusted by the greedy, selfish ways of the conglomerate businesses. Just so you don't twist that, I'm not talking about you or Josh.

Bottom line - we want to be members of this comm, any comm, we play by their rules.
Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't realize that buying Josh's album was a rule when joining this community. I'm not disagreeing with the rules, man. I didn't say I wanted the links posted so that I can download the CD. It was just my opinion on what she said.

If you can't state your opinion without being civil and attacking people. Maybe you should keep it to yourself until you learn how. I wasn't trying to be mean or ignorant, I was merely saying what I felt in a civilized, easy manner.
(Deleted comment)
8th-Oct-2007 02:01 pm (UTC)
Look, I really don't care anymore. I don't want to fight. I was tense, annoyed and tired. I apologize if I came off as a bitch, I'm really not. Can we just come to some kind of a mutual agreement?

I don't like meanly expressing opinions or going on about it.
8th-Oct-2007 06:17 am (UTC)
anna- give me your address, through e-mail, hey?

i have something i would like to send you.

it may take a week or so though. ;)
8th-Oct-2007 09:54 am (UTC)
Noel will arrive in Europe on November ;__;
My hope is that it will arrive in Italy, no matter when or how...
This is one of that moments when I'd love to live in US.
8th-Oct-2007 02:04 pm (UTC)
I tried to order his CD online, and it said that it cannot ship to Canada. :( And I want the Target one, but we have no Target stores here... and I don't want to drive down to the States to get it if it might not be in store... grrr.
8th-Oct-2007 08:12 pm (UTC)
i know there's been a lot of concern on jg.com, and i hold this concern as well, regarding whether "Noel" is actually going to be released tomorrow, especially at Target. i've been to Target several times in this past week and i haven't seen one advertisement for it. i wouldn't be so upset about it if it comes out later, i just don't want to waste a trip to Target. i'm a poor and unemployed and gas doesn't come cheap these days...
so is it just me or have any of you not seen ads either?
9th-Oct-2007 02:31 am (UTC)
No adds here, but everything says "Oct. 9."
9th-Oct-2007 04:33 am (UTC)
Everything I've heard has been October 9th, but I remember when Awake came out I saw commercials ALL the time, stands, pictures, advertisements and papers...everything.

And it does seem a little early for a Christmas album...decorations have been out for awhile now though...some of it even before Halloween.
This page was loaded Sep 19th 2019, 12:07 am GMT.