KimmyG: The Evil Genius Grobie (jgkimmy) wrote in __grobanites,
KimmyG: The Evil Genius Grobie
jgkimmy
__grobanites

• Mood:

SURVEY for Study

My friend Gayle is a professor at ASU and is studying fandoms to write a paper (which may become a book) and she's focusing heavily on the Grobies. She's attended 32 Awake concerts and questioned people at every one of them. I posted a survey for you to fill out and email to her before. Now she has a new one, she's gathering more information. So whether you filled out that first survey or not, please take the time to fill this one out. It's short and will take all of 5-10 minutes to do. It says to circle your choise, you can just put an X. That was for the printed one she handed out at concerts. If you have any questions for her I'm sure she'll be happy to answer them, just email her at the link after the survey.

The Celebrity Attitude Scale

This is a study being done by Gayle S. Stever, Ph.D. a clinical assistant professor at Arizona State University about the nature of the appeal of various media celebrities. Your participation should take less than 15 minutes. You have the right not to answer any question, and to stop at any time. If you choose not to participate or to withdraw from the study at any time, there will be no penalty. All answers are confidential. 

Please circle your answer on the scale next to each question:

Question:

Strongly                                                      Strongly Disagree                                                          Agree

1. If I were to meet my favorite celebrity in person, he/she would already somehow know that I am his/her biggest fan1……….2……....3……....4……....5
2. I share with my favorite celebrity a special bond that cannot be described in words.1……….2……....3……....4……....5
3. I am obsessed by details of my favorite celebrity’s life.1……….2……....3……....4……....5
4. My friends and I like to discuss what my favorite celebrity has done.1……….2……....3……....4……....5
5. When something good happens to my favorite celebrity I feel like it happened to me. 1……….2……....3……....4……....5
6. One of the main reasons I maintain an interest in my favorite celebrity is that doing so gives me a temporary escape from life’s problems.1……….2……....3……....4……....5
7. I have pictures and/or souvenirs of my favorite celebrity which I always keep in exactly the same place. 1……….2……....3……....4……....5
8. The successes of my favorite celebrity are my successes also. 1……….2……....3……....4……....5
9. I enjoy watching, reading or listening to my favorite celebrity because it means a good time.1……….2……....3……....4……....5
10. I consider my favorite celebrity to be my soul mate. 1……….2……....3……....4……....5
11. I have frequent thoughts about my favorite celebrity, even when I don’t want to. 1……….2……....3……....4……....5
12. When my favorite celebrity dies (or died), I will feel for (or I felt) like dying too1……….2……....3……....4……....5
13. I love to talk with others who admire my favorite celebrity. 1……….2……....3……....4……....5
14. When something bad happens to my favorite celebrity, I feel like it happened to me. 1……….2……....3……....4……....5
Question:

Strongly                                                      Strongly Disagree                                                          Agree

15. Learning the life story of my favorite celebrity is a lot of fun.1……….2……....3……....4……....5
16. I often feel compelled to learn the personal habits of my favorite celebrity.1……….2……....3……....4……....5
17. If I was lucky enough to meet my favorite celebrity, and he/she asked me to do something illegal as a favor, I would probably do it. 1……….2……....3……....4……....5
18. It is enjoyable just to be with others who like my favorite celebrity. 1……….2……....3……....4……....5
19. When my favorite celebrity fails or loses at something I feel like a failure myself. 1……….2……....3……....4……....5
20. If someone gave me several thousand dollars to do with as I please, I would consider spending it on a personal possession (like a napkin or paper plate) once used by my favorite celebrity. 1……….2……....3……....4……....5
21. I like watching and hearing about my favorite celebrity when I am in a large group of people. 1……….2……....3……....4……....5
22. Keeping up with news about my favorite celebrity is an entertaining pasttime. 1……….2……....3……....4……....5

Age: _____ (I know this can be sensitive information but it is confidential and it really does help me to have this…I won’t tell!)

Ethnicity: White_____ Black ______Native American ________

Asian ____________  Other ______________

Email this survey to gsstever@aol.com

As a reward here's the link to Gayle's photobucket
30 shows worth of pictures, chances are you might have been to one. Most of her seats were within the first 10 rows too. She's not only a professor she's also a Grobanite. :) She's the one who makes all the pretty Josh quilts for the auctions. Any of the pictures not labeled as someone elses are hers and she says you may use them for whatever you want. :) ENJOY and thank you.
Tags: survey
Subscribe

• (no subject)

Hey grobanites! Long time no chat! Say, is anyone going to the concert in Newark tomorrow?

• Photos and videos from Josh's London concert

Hi, I went to see Josh in London on Friday 14th June. Great night out. Here are my videos My photos can be seen here There are…

• Music Video: Brave

I don't know if anyone's still around, but I hope you all have seen this by now. Enjoy!

• Post a new comment

Error

Anonymous comments are disabled in this journal

default userpic
  • 8 comments