?

No account? Create an account

__fantasynovel

Title of your book

« previous entry | next entry »
Jun. 28th, 2010 | 05:03 pm
posted by: staceyswriting in __fantasynovel

Does anyone else have a hard time coming up with the name?  I have two different stories I am wanting to write, and am having a hard time coming up with the name for either.

Ugh.

Stacey

Link | Leave a comment |

Comments {11}

danaewinters

date: Jun. 28th, 2010 09:05 pm (UTC)
Link

Yes, definitely. Often I don't come up with a good title until after I've finished (or come close to finishing) the story itself. Something usually stands out while I'm writing though, and I use that.

Reply | Thread

ciage

date: Jun. 28th, 2010 09:13 pm (UTC)
Link

I suck at coming up with good titles. Like danaewinters said, usually something comes to mind, but if I'm having a real hard go at it, I'll usually start doing spider-webbing, using keywords and the first words that pop into mind, or something to that effect.

Reply | Thread

hierath

date: Jun. 28th, 2010 09:25 pm (UTC)
Link

Usually something turns up during the story, I find. If it doesn't, I make up a rubbish title!

Reply | Thread

ritamalone

date: Jun. 28th, 2010 11:20 pm (UTC)
Link

Titles are the worse thing for me.. it's like does it fit? does it sound good?
It's horrible

Reply | Thread

staceyswriting

date: Jun. 28th, 2010 11:47 pm (UTC)
Link

I feel strange, I want to have the name of it before I go on. Not really sure why. :)

Reply | Thread

titles

date: Jun. 29th, 2010 02:17 am (UTC)
Link

Over 3 years, I had ms drafts with four different titles for my latest novel, 'Lethal Inheritance'. It started off as the Blade of Aarod, became the Copper Mark, then Echoes. I had relating titles for the sequels too. Now they're 'Stalking Shadows', 'Demon's Grip' and 'Eternal Destiny'. I'm finally happy with them, which is just as well because my agent has just sent 'Lethal Inheritance' off to some publishers - wish me luck.

You can take a look at ch1 at
http://publishersearch.wordpress.com/lethal-inheritance/

Reply | Thread

Justin Michael Schmidt

date: Jun. 29th, 2010 02:56 am (UTC)
Link

Do you want to know what I used as a placemark name, just a temporary title?
"First Epic"
lol

Reply | Thread

blackwaltz0

date: Jun. 29th, 2010 07:31 pm (UTC)
Link

It can be hard to think of a title off the bat. I have a friend who constantly defers to me for title names because she's so bad at coming up with them herself. But usually a good title becomes apparent as you work your way through writing the manuscript. Just keep note of anything that springs to mind. :)

Reply | Thread

Logos

date: Jul. 9th, 2010 04:12 pm (UTC)
Link

I do, although not for fantasy. (I have still never tried to write fantasy, but someday, it will happen.) I usually just go with Working Title until something hits me. That something is almost always a quotation from something famous, though, which is pretty derivative. :(

Reply | Thread

date: Jul. 31st, 2010 02:04 pm (UTC)
Link

I'm awful at it. I find it incredibly difficult to think of a title; it's a lot easier with poetry or short stories. For longer pieces, I consult friends ;)

Reply | Thread

PapaMike

date: Aug. 4th, 2010 02:17 pm (UTC)
Link

I actually enjoy coming up with titles, in fact they're usually a starting point for me. I wish I was better at the actually writing lol. If i can't think of a title, I either keep writing until something hits me, or failing that, give it to a few people to see what they come up with, 2 heads are better then one, even better if you have 5 :D

Reply | Thread