?

No account? Create an account

__fantasynovel

It's been a good month...

« previous entry | next entry »
Nov. 12th, 2009 | 03:04 pm
posted by: danaewinters in __fantasynovel

I just wanted to share with you guys two giant leaps in the creative process for me. First, I got my first voice-acting role in the Metamor City fantasy podcast. It's written by a great author, Chris Lester, and can be downloaded here:
http://www.metamorcity.com/2009/11/11/mcp-042-whispers-in-the-wood-part-1/

And also, I'm celebrating the release of "Creatures of the Night" a fiction anthology with two of my short stories in it - the first work of mine that's managed to get it's own ISBN# to it (needless to say, I am duly stoked). One of the stories, "Buttons Almighty" is about a teenage witch and a cat she thinks is her familiar, but is really an incarnation of Bastet, who's just trying to keep her from damaging herself or the surrounding cities. The second, "The Full Treatment" is a dark comedy about an ayurvedic health spa run by directors who aren't exactly what they seem. Can't give more of that story without giving it away, but it's my favorite of the two. We're doing an Amazon chart rush on Saturday, between noon and 3 PST, if you want to click on the link to check it out. http://www.amazon.com/Creatures-Night-Absolute-Fiction-Challenge/dp/1770530029/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&&tag=edgescienceficti

Thanks for the support in this community!

Link | Leave a comment |

Comments {1}

Writers block!!!!

date: Jun. 18th, 2011 09:22 am (UTC)
Link

I'm new to this site. I have been dreaming about writing an epic book or series set in the medieval Ireland. I have a clear concept, and the history of the land and my characters are both fairly well planned. I just can't get going with the story. I can't seem to find a good place to start. It's really annoying because i know it will be a good story, it might take a while to get there, but it will be a good read. I just cant get the ball rolling. Please help, any advice would be good advice! Thanks!

Reply | Thread