?

No account? Create an account
Things that go bump in the night
And the things that bump back
Okay! Yay! A couple of our roleplayers (if you want credit, let me… 
16th-Sep-2005 05:32 pm
eh-heh
Okay!

Yay!

A couple of our roleplayers (if you want credit, let me know) came up with a brilliant idea to get us to interact a bit more. It involves one of two things:

Either we can make an AIM chatroom and we can all talk about fire muffins,

or we can make a Public board here and everyone can post on that and talk to eachother. A couple of people mentioned they're feeling a bit shy about roleplaying with someone they don't know.

So, I need some more input (thank you to everyone who commented on the last post)

Chatroom, board? Both? And if you vote strictly for chatroom (or favor that one, I should say) Let me know your time zone (just comment it to this post) and when you're usually available. We should get as many people as we can at one time to join in on 'wonderous' conversations.

Comments 
17th-Sep-2005 12:46 am (UTC)
I am in Eastern time zone, and while I am really in to the chatroom idea, I do think we should have a 'chat board' as well. My schedule is wacked out, dude. Just let me know when the chats are happening. I am more likely to be available at nights during the week, and weekends, though I can't guarantee I'll be around at any particular time.
17th-Sep-2005 03:44 am (UTC)
Well... I'm eastern as well. Pretty basic actually. Ummm... I'm on off and on during the days and most nights as well as your average weekends.

I think what would be nice is we all get AIM/MSN or some sort of chat...service. Add one another on lists so that we can SEE when one another is on.
That could help with finding people to roleplay with.

Other then that-chatroom. A board might go just as unnoticed as some threads so I suggest a chatroom and I'm with that.
I'm a pretty open person and if given the chance will make a total fool of myself (audition/voting form situation as a VERY good example) hence being entertaining for all to point and laugh at.
IC and OOC.

Soooo. my aim and msn is listed if anyone wishes to chat, I might randomly talk to people if a contact is listed as well as start chatrooms when online. Or join.
Whichever.
But I'm 'down' with whatever's planned.
100% oh my goddess of mod-ness.
17th-Sep-2005 06:51 am (UTC)
im down for a message board
17th-Sep-2005 10:40 am (UTC)
The whole AIM chat thing works for me.

I'm currently Central/Standard time (i.e. an hour behind the East Coasties).

My schedule varies quite often depending on what I'm "doing that week". But if you let me know ahead of time when we are planning on having a chat session, I can do my best to make the time. My schedule tends to be farily open, so it shouldn't be that big of an issue.
17th-Sep-2005 03:31 pm (UTC)
Both works for me, but I like that Message Board idea better. I am in the EST time Zone to.
18th-Sep-2005 02:45 am (UTC)
I'm all for the public board idea. I know that if I got for the chat idea, I'll never be able to get there on time because I'm ditzy like that, so yay for the board!
18th-Sep-2005 05:42 am (UTC)
I'm definitely a bigger fan of the message/public board idea just based on my strange schedule, but basically

Any night from around 9pm EST until around 3am.
Wed/Thursday almost all day.

But I would SO comment on a message board/post. ^.^
18th-Sep-2005 04:29 pm (UTC)
I would have to say I am more inclined towards a message board/forum as well as my times online are sporadic at best.
18th-Sep-2005 09:16 pm (UTC)
A message board gets my vote. As people can be included regardless of schedules.

I'm also up for chat - but I'm on British Summer time (about 5 hours in front of EST?)- I'm more likely to be avaialable on evenings and occassional weekends. I will try and make a chat session if one's organised.
19th-Sep-2005 04:24 am (UTC)
A public board would follow the scheduling spirit of the play-by-post game spirit best, since it's flexible about time. Should have that regardless of anything else.

Beyond that, I think a lot would be served if the players just got to talking more OOC with resources already available. I share words regularly with a couple of the folks here over AIM, and that's been rewarding for the game as well just conversation. Others though, just aren't that talkative, at least towards me.

An AIM chatroom wouldn't hurt, but I'm not sure it'd be especially effective given the scattered schedules. What's much more useful is a persistent "chatroom" that doesn't evaporate if nobody is there. That way, while differing schedules are still a barrier, everybody is still less bound by having to coordinate. You can login whenever you can for as long as you care to see if anybody is in or anybody shows up. A MUSH/MUX would offer this functionality, and I may be able to offer space in that regard if the folks here don't run from the prospect of learning a few bits of the command line.
This page was loaded Sep 23rd 2019, 4:17 pm GMT.