?

No account? Create an account
Things that go bump in the night
And the things that bump back
Real name & age: Neatta, 16 AIM/Yahoo: xchuchutrain [AIM] Email:… 
15th-Sep-2005 07:00 pm
eh-heh

Real name & age: Neatta, 16

AIM/Yahoo: xchuchutrain [AIM]

Email: mistress_lioncourt@yahoo.co.nz // ringo.ame@gmail.com

Experience: Hm, Four years of Harry Potter role-playing, and I believe 2 of Celebrity stuff.

Where did you find out about us?: CaiLeigh :)

Character name & age: Amber Halifax, 23

Species: Human [For now...]

Character background: Amber Halifax was born in Allen, Texas, on the 28th of March, 1983.
She grew up with her mother and younger sister, Jaime, in an apartment building adjacent to their local church. When she was eighteen, she was accepted into Columbia University in New York City. She graduated at the age of 22 with a BA in History.

Amber became rapidly obsessed interested in the 'supernatural'. She abandoned her plans and opened a bookstore dedicated to the unexplained.

She currently lives in an apartment in the east village.

LJ name for character: ambernight

Amber's ears were tingling from the ice cold breeze. She felt the temperature all too well from contact her bare hands were making with the book store's cage, as she pulled it down to the ground and locked the two locks. Amber's least favourite thing about Saturdays was closing so late. All she wanted to do at this point was be home, curled in bed with a mug of cocoa and a thick book. But she wasn't, instead, she was standing a fifteen-minute walk away from home, in the cold, dark. Okay, so it wasn't dark, was it ever really dark in New York City? But she was still very much alone.

She jumped at the sound of footsteps, though they turned out to belong to a pedestrian hurrying along in the direction of Bowery Tattoo. Thoughts about where he was going, and why it was such a rush drifting through her mind, but dissipated as she shoved her hands into the pockets of her thick coat.

To an onlooker, this would be an odd sight. Such a girl shouldn't be so jumpy, with her bright red hair and thick eyeliner. Maybe she had just been reading too many vampire novels for her own good.

"Hey, Amber!"

The shivering girl used all of her control not to scream bloody murder, what sort of freak just wanders around shouting out people's names?

"Whoa, A little jumpy are we?" It was a man's voice and it shook with laughter as he mocked how frightened he had made her.

Of course. It's always her friends who are out this late and completely un-phased by the cold, the emptiness, or the strange way the wind blew.

"I'm tired, and cold." Amber muttered back, acid leaking from her words.

"Sorry, sorry. I came over to walk you home." Her friend, Jake, continued. She could help but smile as he grabbed her by the arm and started pulling her off in the direction of her apartment building.

"What were you doing on this side of the village so late?" She stifled a yawn with the back of her hand and rested her head on his shoulder. Ah, the delicious body heat that was emanating from him.

"I dropped off some paperwork down the street." Jake replied, as his eyes followed a car that was blasting ABBA as it drove past. He snickered.
"We should probably re-dye your roots." He added as his gaze returned to her. She subconsciously reached up to touch her hair.

"Hmph." Amber grunted, "Nothing wrong with my roots. It isn't like anyone thought this was my natural colour before they were growing in." She laughed and pushed her hand back into her pocket.

They turned a corner together and the lights from the street-lamps passed over Jake, illuminating his brown eyes and green, spiky hair. When he talked, the barbell through his tongue was quite obvious, and wasn't actually the reason for his strong lisp, though many people might blame it.

They passed a currently empty building that marked the three-quarter way mark from Amber's store to her building. The walk had warmed her up, and the conversation had distracted her from her paranoia. A loud crash in an alley quickly un-did all of Jake's little tricks. Amber stopped walking and stared into the Alleyway.

"It's the bogeyman!" Jake laughed obnoxiously and pulled at Amber's arm. She glared at him.

"It isn't a joke, Jake." She growled, "That stuff I study isn't just a load of garbage. There's always truth behind fairy tales."

"But that's what they are, Am, Fairy Tales!" He rolled his eyes and continued pulling until she started walking again. "It's a great hobby, and it's wonderful that you love the literature so much. Your store does good business. But, it isn't something to go all batty about, freaking out when cats knock over boxes in alleys."

Amber ignored his obvious sardonic tone when he used the phrase 'go all batty' and pulled her key out of her pocket. "This is my stop." She muttered, pulling away from him and crossing the street without a look in either direction.

"Oh come on!" Jake shouted after her, "Don't be angry with me!"

Okay, Neatta. Looks like you're in!
Comments 
16th-Sep-2005 05:30 pm (UTC)
Well you all already know what I think.

So yess... lets not go there.
17th-Sep-2005 02:38 am (UTC)
How is that even a vote?
17th-Sep-2005 02:39 am (UTC)
Let me recap.

She posted her vote on the ACTUAL audition form. Please, be kind to my voting staff.

Here:

Ummm.

I found the history a bit lacking. The character may be human but there's always important things to put in. The basic 'summary' as it seems didn't tell me much about her at all.

Not a bit. And I find that the history shouldn't just state what has happened but give a tiny bit of insight into the character. I'm not asking for plot ruining details but a little bit of insight.

Just because the history bothered me so... I say elaborate Until then. Nay
17th-Sep-2005 03:24 am (UTC)
Agreed. Unfortunetly I was under the impression you had read the response, but it is quite possible you didn't.

I hope that it's cleared up, but do refrain from being upset with me.
I'm no lj whiz. Just your run of the mill roleplayer.
17th-Sep-2005 03:25 am (UTC)
btw. I am lor_coyle and curtus_delvin

Hence.. the responding in different places.
17th-Sep-2005 02:16 pm (UTC)
I didn't know that was you who voted on the other page since it was under a different username. I wasn't being rude, just asking a question. :)
17th-Sep-2005 12:32 am (UTC)
Hmmm...

Well...

Okay.
23rd-Sep-2005 04:30 am (UTC) - Eleanor here.
Hm.

Sure.

I didn't see anything particularly wrong with it.
23rd-Sep-2005 04:30 am (UTC)
Yes.

Because I love Neatta. XD
This page was loaded Sep 16th 2019, 3:59 am GMT.