saysomethingnew (saysomethingnew) wrote in __amatory_verse,
saysomethingnew
saysomethingnew
__amatory_verse

In My Own Words

Name:Erin
sex:Female
Tell us the most important thing about you:I'm *fiercely* independant
Tell us one thing that you can't live without:My cats. corny? quite possibley, but I have my reasons (ask if you have some desire to know, it's far too long to post for those who don't)
Who's your favorite poet and why?:William Blake. His poetry is fascinating, and quite lovely, on it's own. However, if you have some knowledge of his life, his political and religious views, and his...psychosis I suppose? it's even more wonderful and interesting. You have to love a romanticist poet who used to play garden of eden naked in his back yard with his wife and spoke to angels and dead historical figures.
Describe yourself using only words. No pictures, please.:Tall, tomboyish, I don't really know if my hair is blonde or brown, it somehow falls dead in the middle, and it's quite short. Pale skin, odd scars, hazel eyes that change color constantly, nails bitten to the quick. Confident, intelligent, caring, political, arguementative, interesting.
pixiesfan wants to know, do you like Quizno's?:Oh yes...it's so hard to find anywhere on a college campus with GOOD vegetarian options.
Give us an e-mail address where we can contact you (optional):
Post one poem:

Home

Naked
Sitting by a bathroom sink
Vent fan: on
Air Freshener: on
Background noise: on
Smoking a cigarette.
Marlboro Red.
Mother dearest is clueless down the hall
With her mind numbing TV and
Spider solitaire
Creeping through her dulling senses.
Cats stampede outside the door.
Exhausted imagination wandering to nights that aren’t so lonely.
This is home.

Promote us to at least one community and leave us the link. (I don't want to fill other people's communities with tons of promos for this one. That's kind of rude. Promote us anywhere but where we found you. Thanks): I'm afraid this computer is about to be stolen to watch downloaded episodes of the simpsons, plus I use this screenname for poetry only, so I'll use another screenname that where I am actually in some communities. I shall have to do this tomorrow, please forgive that for now. (in the off chance that anyone reads it tonight) As promisedhttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v280/realmofparanormalchaos/HazratKhan.jpg
Out of curiousity, how did you find us?: I believe it was the beautyandbrains community.

Side note, the main thing I would like help with it revision...I tend to write something as it comes into my head and then I have to leave it alone for sometimes months before I can really work with it from a new angle. I actually revised the above poem slightly even posting it here, but only because I haven't checked it since I wrote it. If anyone wants to see the original, go to my journal, it's LJ cut as Home. Any advice on revision tactics or methods is more than welcome.

Subscribe
  • Post a new comment

Error

Comments allowed for members only

Anonymous comments are disabled in this journal

default userpic
  • 13 comments