February 13th, 2005

(no subject)

Hello kids, it's my first real post here! Whee!

Teh question:

What are some of your favorite books & what are they about?

My favorite book right now is The Pleasure of my Company by Steve Martin, and it's about an home-ridden OCD-suffering man and his insane life and love life. I haven't finished reading it, but it's a very good, very funny book.

Unfortunately, I was unable to answer last week's question due to being knocked on my ass by Bronchitis, but I did see the question while I was on breifly last week:

I think the voting age should be abolished, and people should be able and urged to vote when they feel they are ready. The turnout of young people voting in our last election showed us that the young members of the country are ready and willing to take part in how our country works, and as someone willing to take part in the process, we should be able to vote at any time, but when we feel we're good and ready.

-I love... carpet. I love... desk.
-Brick, are you just looking at things in the office and saying that you love them?
-I love lamp.
-Do you really love the lamp, or are you just saying it because you saw it?
-I love lamp! I love lamp.

Thank you.
  • Current Mood
    sick sick

stamped::theme

well, my absolute favorite book is The Catcher in the Rye by JD Salinger. It's about a boys life basically. There's no real plot or rhyme or reason to it, it's just a book about a boys life, and how he gets thrown out of school, and his views and opinions on people. I think it's a wonderful book and it's got a non conformist message to it. It's just really good....I'm bad with these whole "what's the book about" things

Question of the week

What are some of your favorite books & what are they about?

I  love every book I've read by Mary Higgins Clark. They're murder/mystery books. I'm not usually into that genre of books, but I find myself not wanting  her books to end. I highly suggest anyone that likes murder/mystery books to check them out.

Somebody else already mentioned the Chicken Soup books, but I love them too. I've read a ton of them.

I can't really think of any others right now.

Good choice on question of the week, mods. I've been wanting suggestions for books to read and now I have them. Thanks!