jonathan edward tierney (echelle) wrote in ___too_hip,
jonathan edward tierney
echelle
___too_hip

App.

1. Name: Jonathan Tierney
2. Where yer from: originally New Hampshire; now...Olympia, WA
3. Age: 19
4. Ten of your favorite bands: Jeff Neutral Mangum Hotel, Magazine, Teenage Fanclub, Robyn Hitchcock, Will Oldham(Palace Songs/Palace Music/Palace Brothers, and I guess now Bonnie "Prince" Billy), Daniel Johnston, Beulah, Gordon Downie(solo, non-Tragically Hip material), Destroyer, Jesus and Mary Chain. Wow, I just looked at the interest section and I realized a couple of these might go right over your heads. Hopefully not.
5. 3 words that describe you: hypochondriac peasant stock
6. Your favorite dance move: Churnin' Momma's Butter
7. 5 favorite movies: No.
8. 5 favorite books: well...I don't read beatnik crap(burroughs, kerouac, ginsberg). I also don't read popseudohyperintellectual garbage like palahniuk. So five books, five genres...
-dadaists (tristan tzara: la primiére aventure céleste de m. antipyrine/the first celestial adventure of mr. fire extinguisher)
-francophonic proto-surrealists (alfred jarry: exploits and opinions of dr. faustroll, pataphysician, a neo-scientific novel; )
-a nouveau roman( alain robbe-grillet: for a new novel)
-metafiction (jorge luis borges: ficciones)
-oulipo (italo calvino: if on a winter's night a traveler)
9. Tell us about yourself: I incubated for sixteen months in a peach filled with steam. The first sentence I cared about, "mommy can stretch out the neck of her sweatshirt to point to a freckle on her shoulder."
10. What separates you from the rest of the livejournal fucks: My favorite basketball team is the 1992-1993 Charlotte Hornets, featuring Zo Mourning, Muggsy Bogues, and Larry "Grandmama" Johnson. 

One time on the Maury show I saw this girl named Jessica who was five years old and weighed(honestly) two hundred and fourty pounds. don't believe me, go to google search for Jessica+obese+Maury Show...

11. If you could live in any decade, which would you choose and why: 1840s. Urban Jean Joseph Leverrier discovers Neptune (1846.)
12. Why you want to be accepted: For my resume. To show off in front of my asian friends.
13. Word association:
Banana: Warhol.
Electric: Analog.
Screamo: How is this allowed to proliferate. Who is provoking this zeitgeist?
Bang: I want to exercise! I want to exercise!
Shimmy!: Ezra Pound
14. For/Against:
Abortion: For.
The war: There will always be wars. Vonnegut(in one of his more uninspired moments notes): "being anti-war is as likely to stop war as being anti-glacier is to stop glaciers." So stop rallying and protesting, because all it does is make you look more self-righteous and silly than you realize. Plus, since being anti-war is predictably cool, the only real cool thing you can do is to be conscientiously ambivalent.

Gay marriage: Let the fags do what they want. Who cares.
15. How did you find us? Neutral Milk Hotel
16. Promote us somewhere and paste the link: No.
17. Are you on myspace? If so, paste the link. No.
18. Atleast 3 CLEAR pictures of yourself:

(My sunglasses are falling off my noseys...)

(computers for boys with kidneys.)

Subscribe
  • Post a new comment

Error

default userpic
    When you submit the form an invisible reCAPTCHA check will be performed.
    You must follow the Privacy Policy and Google Terms of use.
  • 46 comments