?

No account? Create an account

Previous Entry | Next Entry

[Young Star Application]

I gilraen79 wish to be accepted as a (Young Star) to any Bright Star or Shadow Star within this community. I promise to respect my Elder Star, uphold the family integrity, and help and guide my family where ever necessary.

My name is: Joyce but I usually go by Gilraen. Either is fine, though if I had to choose, I'd prefer Gilraen.

Interests I would like to share with my family are: The easy answer would be, look at my user info, but I'll go for a slightly longer answer. Currently my main interest is Japan. I'm learning the language, I'm utterly addicted to j-dorama, I watch some anime and read some manga, though not a lot. I'm interested in the culture as well. Apart from that I read a lot and I love to talk about books, I write and I will be participating in NaNoWriMo again this year, I'm interested in religion and mythology, history and many other things.

My age is: 26. While I know I'm a bit older than most of the Young Stars around here, I have decided that being a Young Star would suit me a lot better than starting my own family. What I look for is to be guided more than to guide.

The right to accept an invitation to join any family is mine to refuse or accept.

Comments

( 17 comments — Leave a comment )
itsplashes
Sep. 23rd, 2006 02:37 pm (UTC)
Hey there, Gilraen. ^^ I'm Belle, a fairly new member of this community. I'm also looking for a family to join. :)

Like you, I also like books (and talking about them), writing, and a bit of mythology. :)

Good luck. ^^
anthropopathy
Sep. 23rd, 2006 02:38 pm (UTC)
Hi and thank you! Good luck to you too. :)
ailes_de_destin
Sep. 23rd, 2006 07:19 pm (UTC)
Good luck! =D

Religon? As in religious philosophies and stuff? =D? Actually, I just ramble on about things that I see as ambiguities in the bible. <3! The church doesn't like me much because of that. hehe. n.n;;
anthropopathy
Sep. 25th, 2006 12:46 pm (UTC)
Thank you!

Religion as in comparative religion, theories, philosophies, I'm not a fan of the institution Church or the dogma's of, well, any religion.
cruel_claire
Sep. 23rd, 2006 10:54 pm (UTC)
goodluck in your search! ^^

~ Star Lyra
anthropopathy
Thank you! :D
hasu
Sep. 24th, 2006 03:31 am (UTC)
Welcome! ^_____^

I'm sure you'll find a good star family. ^o^
anthropopathy
Thank you and I hope so!
korichan
Sep. 26th, 2006 12:01 am (UTC)
Oo~ I LOVE mythology! ^-^ I also wanted to ask which jdoramas you watch? I tend to watch a lot of Taiwanese anmd Korean doramas as well, we get them cheap when we go to Taiwan so we buy tons at a time and watch them. xD

At any rate, good luck finding your family! ^-^
anthropopathy
Sep. 26th, 2006 12:53 pm (UTC)
Hmm I hardly watch any Korean or Taiwanese drama, for some reason I can't get used to the language and it irks me.

Jdoramas I've watched so far include Kimi wa Petto, Dragonzakura, Kurosagi, Nobuta wo Produce, Hana Yori Dango, Densha Otoko, Sapuri, Gokusen 1 & 2, Kisarazu Cat's Eye... I'm sure there's more but this is what I can think of right now.

Thank you!
korichan
Sep. 26th, 2006 09:57 pm (UTC)
Haha, I understand! I never really watched them until I got to knwo Shannon and Jin, and then listening to them speak in Chinese and Korean so much and learning the languages made it easier, so I got used to listening to them and actually like the dramas now, but I didn't at first. I really like the Taiwanese ones because they are usually a lot of animes made into series.

I like a lot of those! I think the last one I actually got to sit down and watch the first season of was Trick and Pretty Girl, but I've got quite a few to watch and look at. *I can never think on the spot, I always have to look them up. >.>*
anthropopathy
Sep. 28th, 2006 03:40 pm (UTC)
Korean, I can listen to but for some reason Chinese always gives me a headache, no matter how often I listen to it.

It's true that there are a lot of Taiwanese live actions but I can't stand that the names will be changed into Chinese ones when the manga or anime is Japanese. It's just so odd when everyone suddenly has a different name. But maybe that's just me.
sakura_nek0
Sep. 27th, 2006 05:31 am (UTC)
NwP and Hana Yori Dango pwn.
I need to watch Kurosagi.. though I thought it was Kurosaki for some reason.

Uhmmmmmmmmmm..
Taiwanese version for HYD was weird.. didn't like it. 8D;

oh, and I cosplayed Akira at AX this year. :D and sang Seishun Amigo. ALONEEE. -cry- :P

oh, and welcome. XD
anthropopathy
Sep. 28th, 2006 03:43 pm (UTC)
They do!
Hm, the main character in Kurosagi is named Kurosaki but the drama is called Kurosagi (The Black Swindler). So his name happens to resemble his 'job', haha.

Meteor Garden, yeah, I didn't watch it. I can't stand how the names change in Chinese versions.

Ohhh Akira! ♥ Too bad you didn't have a Shuji to sing with, though, that would've been fun.

Haha thank you.
sakura_nek0
Sep. 28th, 2006 11:58 pm (UTC)
Yarrr.. I seeeee.. o_o; lol

The Chinese names are direct translations of the Japanese ones, though, since it's kanji.. I think? Haha.

Yarr, Shuujiiii. D: I might have a Shuuji next year. Dunno. XD;;

;3
anthropopathy
Sep. 29th, 2006 12:38 pm (UTC)
Yes, but even if the kanji are the same, the names still sound so much different that it's strange to my ears.

Having a Shuuji is a nice thing to wish for, haha. Though personally I'd rather have an Akira of my own. XD
sakura_nek0
Sep. 29th, 2006 07:20 pm (UTC)
Haha. Sometimes it sounds a bit similar, though. Oh well!!

Yeahhh. I prefer Akira.

Akira>Shuuji.

But I really love Nobuta. <3 so cute
( 17 comments — Leave a comment )

Guiding Star ; Two Rings
___guiding_star
Look Up To The Stars
Website

Latest Month

December 2013
S M T W T F S

Comments

• 17 Jul 2014, 01:37
    wow...sorry I've been out of LJ for so long too...I hope you're okay...I miss everyone too...take care girls!

~Star Lyra
  • 17 Sep 2011, 22:46
    You're very welcome. :3

Ohmy, you and me both. My job requires me to look a computer screen 75% of the time, and most of the time when I get home, I just don't want to look at my laptop again.…
  • 17 Sep 2011, 20:47
    Thanks for the warm welcome! :3

Well, I can certainly understand the unfortunate obligation to real life. I myself work full-time, with computers no less, so there are a lot of days I come home,…
  • 17 Sep 2011, 20:43
    Thanks! *^_^*
  • 14 Sep 2011, 21:53
    It sounds like a plan then~ I'll make you a moderator, and we can collab and divide up jobs and such. ♥